Rare Bear three bladed prop clip from YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear three bladed prop clip from YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Bob; 01-11-2008, 09:21 PM. Reason: bad link

Re: Rare Bear three bladed prop clip from YouTube

NICE video. Guy's, please stop using such high shutter speeds! You shouldn't be able to see the prop when the engine is running. Just looks....funny.
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

I have this machine plugged into a nice sound system with a huge subwoofer, you can feel the bear growl as she passes. Sure do miss that prop. Why did they switch back to a 4bladed prop?

Comment

Stability issues. It was felt that on the constant turn that the course is the 4 blade did better. something along those lines....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
          Why did they switch back to a 4bladed prop?
          Some years ago, I remember reading (probably in Air Classics) that Lyle had to stand with both feet on one rudder pedal to keep The Bear co-ordinated on course, I don't recall if the airplane wanted to yaw left or right. I believe the p-factor would be the same between the props with a given HP, speed, AOA and turnrate, so the issue would probably be gyroscopic procession which would be much worse with the heavier prop.

Select a boomerang for your age and ability and then learn how to throw and catch with our illustrated instructions and videos. Colorado Boomerangs, LLC now offers most items with "Buy with Prime" express free shipping. We also have free shipping for standard orders above $40. Buy a real boomerang from Boomerangs.com!

Cheers
          Gerry

Comment

That was an article by John Penney in Air Classics. He said both feet on TOP RUDDER! That would be on the RIGHT! Also mentioned that the stripes on the cowling miss-matched by 2 inches at full power! AMAZING...D.

Comment

Originally posted by G. van Dyk
              so the issue would probably be gyroscopic procession which would be much worse with the heavier prop.

Select a boomerang for your age and ability and then learn how to throw and catch with our illustrated instructions and videos. Colorado Boomerangs, LLC now offers most items with "Buy with Prime" express free shipping. We also have free shipping for standard orders above $40. Buy a real boomerang from Boomerangs.com!

Cheers
              Gerry
              This year at Reno we asked one of the crew about the Big 3 blade prop. Apparently the larger mass out at the tips with that heavy thing spinning makes Bear want to go nose down in the turns. Remember how it is with a spinning Top or Gyro.
              I'd like to thank the crew for answering our recycled questions.
              Last edited by John; 01-14-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X