X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New years wishlist.....

Happy new year from New Zealand...

My new year wish list

The Ghost and Voodoo go head to head in a gold battle of the scoopless mustangs

Wildfire makes Reno and runs well

A merlin holds together for the full gold and pushes September Fury, the bear and the round brigade

Someone buys Shockwave and makes progress towards finishing and appearing at Reno

My little wishlist for 08

Oh yeah, i win the lottery and make it to Reno from NZ
    race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Re: New years wishlist.....

Sounds good... Lets get Dago back in there as well. I hope you get to Reno even if you don't win the loto.
    Cheers

Comment

jeez thats a lot....

I just want a P-61C and a trip to NZ (hopefully this year!)

Comment

Jet, you definately have to come to NZ, the major Airshow of the year here is late march over the easter weekend with Warbirds Over Wanaka most definitely a big draw card
        race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

A rolling blue thunder 2 and a 2nd thunder mustang in the gold on sunday
          Jim Adams
          Blue Thunder 2 crew
          Picabo race 51 crew
          Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

All of the above plus:

A new owner and/or big sponsor for Dago Red.

A Merlin Yak entry.

A big sponsor and dedicated timeline for the completion of American Spirit.

A Flug Werk FW-190 is entered in the Unlimiteds for a run at the Bronze, joined by a P-63, Red Bull's newly refinished P-38, and John Paul's P-51C.

A GOLD win for the Ghost.

And last but not least:
            A new buyer for the Thunder Mustang assets re-starting production, and adding a Twin Mustang to the line.

Comment

What's with all the talk about a Merlin Yak? If I were fielding a late-version Mouse Motor, I'd put it on a fast wing, i.e., a Mustang or at very least a Yak fuse with a clipped T-2 wing. As Matt Jackson has said elsewhere on this board, the T-2 wing is the best jet airfoil for Reno and the Yak wing hits the wall pretty early. If I were going to that much effort to adopt a new wing, I'd use a 3350 for more reliable power, and the T-2 wing provides longer gear for more prop diameter. The deck angle would necessitate a fuse stretch, too. Hmmm, sounds like Mr. Awesome/Frostbite -- 90 percent done, 90 percent to go!
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

My Unlimiteds wish is to have an all-Merlin top 3, with The Witch spanking the Ghost and Voodoo for the BIG TROPHY.
                _________
                -Matt
                Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

and Mr Awesome shows up in all her turbo compound glory

Comment

To have a safe, exciting, competitive, and record breaking season, with new planes,(GG, Wildfire,) returning champs, (Dago, Strega, Rare Bear) revamped planes, (Voodoo) but MOST of all, a SAFE and ACCIDENT FREE EVENT!!! Last year was more than anyone could take........
                    "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Working...
                    X