Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegas

Just wondering what. who will be at Vegas. Any final word about Strega going? is Tiger/Strega ready?????????? Heard about Rare Bear today. Any word about Lyle going?????? And I need to know about Preciuos Metal, did Ron and Dave get it flying yet.. Need to go out to Stead tomorrow......Jst got back to town and I am a little out of touch... Heelllpppp pplleeaassee.. Inquiring minds need to know....MG
    MG

Re: Vegas

Originally posted by racersedge
    Just wondering what. who will be at Vegas. Any final word about Strega going? is Tiger/Strega ready?????????? Heard about Rare Bear today. Any word about Lyle going?????? And I need to know about Preciuos Metal, did Ron and Dave get it flying yet.. Need to go out to Stead tomorrow......Jst got back to town and I am a little out of touch... Heelllpppp pplleeaassee.. Inquiring minds need to know....MG
    Mikey... As far as I know, Tiger is picking cotton and will not be at Vegas.. though, I half expect to see a red and white Mustang appear over Nellis asking for landing instructions come this weekend.. we'll see and we'll let everyone know if it happens..

Rare Bear flew, from what I understand, two times today and the crew is estacic about the performance and squacks on the flights..

Ron is chasing an oil leak and with the help of LD Hughes of Strega/Czech Mate, he's about sure he will make Vegas..

Plan is, as of this evening.. get it fixed (precious) and flight tested and then on Thursday, Ron and John will fly chase on each other all the way to Vegas...

Man.. It is gonna be a barn burner down there this year!!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Does anyone know what time the Bear and Precious are leaving Stead tomorrow (Thursday) would love to see them leave

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
        Does anyone know what time the Bear and Precious are leaving Stead tomorrow (Thursday) would love to see them leave
        That would be the $64,000 question as I am going to try to meet them on the other end at Nellis..

Wayne Sagar
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

ilnit

as it stands today, if Ron gets going, he and Rare Bear will leaving reno tomorrow at approximatley 430 pm. We will do some air to air shots of Rare bear and Precious Metal together for a very short time period, then they will head to Vegas at 17,500 ft. wish the both of them the absolute best. MG
          MG

Comment

Thanks but I thought they were leaving today (unsure about the date you were talking about) but if they leave on Friday I will be there at 1630. Also, I recieved an e-mail from Team Strega today and they advised that they will not make Vegas... WRL

Comment

Hope Precious Metal gets there!

As a crewmember for #38 at the Reno effort this year (wishing I could have returned to help with the engine change) I really want to see their incredible efforts pay off! Mr. Buccarelli and company are certainly performing a labor of great love and respect to this fantastic and wonderous sport! Speedvision and ESPN as well as DISC and TLC will take the sport to the level of recognition it WELL DESERVES with the RIGHT VENUES. Lets face the fact that it's dangerous as hell and danger is super marketable! Not to mention the 490MPH SPEED!!! Big sponsorship shouldn't be far behind. It's rediculous that a 200K turnout is record at Reno when we get 1.5 MILLION at the air and sea show in Ft. Lauderdale every year with a HUGE amount of dead time between acts, totally uncharacteristic of the Reno event that has NON STOP ACTION! Location, Location, Location! I'm a newbie at Reno, so while trying not to overstep bounds, I must say that the recognition (lack of) that these pilots and machines get through popular TV media is miserable! I know that there are many RARA staff that sacrafice greatly to make it happen every year, and I'm quite sure that you would like a better turnout, but it's time that this thing goes on to bigger, more accessible venues. I realize the logistics are a big issue, but WHAT'S THE ALTERNATIVE?

Comment

At approximately 3 pm this afternoon. Ron took off fron Stead. He almost immediately started experiencing problmes and had to return to Stead. He will not be making it to Vegas. He went home tonite to Florida. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. Mike G.
                MG

Comment

mike, let us know when ron comes back, i'd like to give you guys a hand if i can
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Working...
                  X