Signal Sea Fury cokpit photos HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Sea Fury cokpit photos HELP!

Howdy there..trying to finish the cockpit master for my 1/32 scale model of Signal Sea Fury/ Miss Merced as she was in 66 and 67....I have a great shot of the instrument panel from a magazine in 1966 by Henry Artof, but have had no luck with either side console or seat cushions ( if any).

This model has been a labor of love for me as I remember seeing this ship fly when I was ten years old and rather than put out the kit with "iffy" detail in the cockpit, I want to get it right.If anyone on the forum here has a picture or can think of someone who might....please give me a shout as the airframe is done, the canopy was corrected with the help of guys on this forum, and the decals have finally gotten here after three tries at getting the flames right...much like doing a real racer, it hasn't been easy, or cheap.

All I need to wrap the project up is some shots or good reminiscences of the cockpit.There will only be 125 kits made and a few handbuilds from my shop hereso those of you who are interested, please spread the word.

Many thanks,
    Paul Fisher
    Fisher Model & Pattern

Re: Signal Sea Fury cokpit photos HELP!

A 232 kit would.....oh so sweet!!!!!
    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

I have the September 1967 Air Progress article entitled "The Fury of Mike Carroll" - Photos and story by Don Downie. There are three cockpit photos that include the two forward sides.

PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send you scans of the full article.

If I could buy any current Unlimited racer for some fun Bronze / Silver racing it would be N878M. I'd have to get a smaller canopy right away though. Always a favorite because Sherm Cooper was the guy who got me hooked on warbirds and racing in 1963-64 when he let me (age 8) sit in his Mustang at Merced.

Lowell Thompson
      Kellogg, Idaho

Comment

Outstanding..I knew if anyone could help I would find them here! my email is :
        fisher@fishermodels.com

Can't wait to see the pictures...I have to get this project finished .

And race 232 is in progress on the workbench also...with the clipped and curled up wingtips. Just got the F-106 wheels cast up, and the wing is now done, waiting for a few more cockpit details shots and then I will make all the molds to cast up a run of models.

I hope to make up kits for Dreadnought ,Blind Mans Bluff and Furias in the future.These are all based on the Sea Fury I did last year, you can see it on my website ,fishermodels.com.

Many thanks for the help, and suggestions for kits are always welcome!

Paul Fisher aka Madgepetto( my kids call me that)

Comment

I got Paul the scans of the Signal Sea Fury article. Those were the days! Air Progress used to have some great racing articles. There was another classic (one of many) during this period about Chuck Lyford and his #8 Mustang titled "Who Wants To Be Second Best?"

Paul, what was the 1966 article/magazine you made reference to?

Comment

Paul,if you still have some questions after seeing those pix I wonder if Kerch.could help you out.He took care of the airplane for Sherm Cooper when he owned it.Let me know if I can help. Mike Meek

Comment

Hi Mike!
              Good to hear from you....I got some great stuff from Lowell in the inbox this morning, and if you have any more stuff I would love to see it.

Jim Larsen is digging around too, and mentioned Bill K would probably be able to dig up something.

The pics i got are all B&W of course, it looks like most of the cockpit was resprayed in a dark gray, with the dash panels in clad aluminum..very light gray.If you know differently, please tell me.There's a fair bit of mods to the starboard console, but the port side looks pretty much the same, less some military switching.

Maybe someday soon I can use the Miss Ashley II drawings you sent me to do up a model in 1/32....wouldn't that be something!

Back to the workbench for Madgepetto!

Comment

Sure would like to see all you said in 1/72! And maybe the Chino Kids 4360 Corsair Too!...D.

Comment

Paul,I can see you are going to be taking more and more of my model budget! I have one of the stock Sea Fury's,C.Mass?,and I will need a flamer and then there's those B-58 parts that Mike B. did. I better make some more money! Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X