Bad News for Javelin Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News for Javelin Jet

I think most of you who go to Reno have seen and might have had high hopes for the sleek personal-fighter-like Javelin Jet...

Just got this PR from them....

**BEGIN PRESS RELEASE**
    ATG, with the help from a Wall Street banking institution, has been seeking funding to continue its Javelin high performance business jet and military trainer for the past 12 months. Due to circumstances beyond ATG's control, it is unlikely that adequate funding can be secured in a timely manner. ATG has therefore decided to halt development of the Javelin at this time. Further action will be decided upon after proper communication with our strategic business partner.
    **END PRESS RELEASE**

Too bad... neat lookin' bird! I've got some shots from a year or so ago when it was sitting outside the American Air Racing hangar.. I'll see what I can do to dig them up...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Bad News for Javelin Jet

Wayne,different jet,the viper jet was infront of AAR,the javelin was out on the line.To my knowledge it was always trailered in and was just a hollow shell..Viper jet is a flyer.
    Jim Adams
    Blue Thunder 2 crew
    Picabo race 51 crew
    Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Originally posted by rc38pilot
      Wayne,different jet,the viper jet was infront of AAR,the javelin was out on the line.To my knowledge it was always trailered in and was just a hollow shell..Viper jet is a flyer.
      Whups.. somewhere in a dead memory cell somewhere, I prolly knew that too!

Wondered about the address of the company, in California... the flying aircraft is out of Washington state isn't it?

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Pasco washington according to faa..Both are really good looking jets. Maybe somebody will start funding the project later.
        Jim Adams
        Blue Thunder 2 crew
        Picabo race 51 crew
        Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

The Viper is in my backyard (Pasco, WA) and is alive and well. The first one is almost ready for delivery to a Saudi Prince. The one on display at the races this year is quite beautiful, and drew lots of "lookers", but don't know if there were "takers". John Travolta showed interest. The designers/owners are a really nice pair of brothers. Dave Morss has done some of the testing/signing off. I took pictures of Nomer sitting in an early prototype.
          Betty

Comment

We saw the Vier depart on Sunday after the races. Really cool jet in a "Thunder T-38" kinda way.

Comment

The fit and finish of that bird was off the charts!!

Comment

I've seen the Javelin display "plane" at years of Oshkosh shows without any obvious advancement towards production status. It's reported they had a plane flying back in Sept. 2005, but I've never seen it at either of the 2006 or 2007 Oshkosh conventions (and VLJs are the hot item there, it seems).

Based on that, I guess I'm not surprised that they finally burned through all their investment capital with no apparent return on the horizon - hard to "go back to the well" with that track record...
                Last edited by GeoffS; 12-19-2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

The ATG Javelin flew its last test flight from Centenniel Airport, Colortado on May 2nd with test pilot Kirk Kalstad at the controls. The 20 minute flight was a marketing display for Israeli Aircraft Industries (IAI), and IAF officials evaluating the program. I chased the test flight in ATG's L-39 and had the president of IAI America in the trunk.

The Javelin has good performance, a well laid out cockpit, well harmonized controls and nice handling qualities...from my evaluations as a consulting test pilot in their cockpit demonstrator and "flight" in the simulator. ATG was in the process of engineering mods to the wing to improve takeoff and landing performance and lower projected stall speeds.

Whether or not Javelin can be a viable commercial product for the private owner is a discussion that can go on till the Earth cools. A better candidacy would be production as a fighter/trainer for third world country air forces.

The Javelin jet is intriguing and I hope it can be revived.

John Penney

Comment

Is the Viper the one that was near the deisel twin this year? If so, did anyone see that old guy drive his Buick into it? Smashed his windshield and broke the wingtip light(left) cover, and lifted the left maingear off the ground! No worries though, the wing is good to 11 G's.

Comment

John: do you know how many hours they accumulated on the Javelin?

Comment

"Bear_Driver"

THANK YOU for providing insight to the press release "fluff" that I'm induated with daily!

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffS
                          John: do you know how many hours they accumulated on the Javelin?
                          No, but it wasn't very many.

Comment

Originally posted by "Bear" Driver
                            No, but it wasn't very many.
                            Was that on or off the flatbed?

Comment

Viper
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...