X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my web design

this is my class project not the greastest but its a start for me Shawn

Re: my web design

Very cool work and page. Did they figure out what started that car fire?
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Nice Work. Love The p-38 photo.

Some spelling and grammar notes on the first page.

Introduction to a portfolio web site by Shawn Aro who has been a freelance photographer for over 25 years .

Shawn has been published in magazines, books and newsletters working as a photographer for the National Air racing group for the first 25 years and today he still shoots for them . Also, he has done various publications in college newspapers as a Staff photographer and has been a photogrpher at church functions such as music and outings. One event Shawn has photography of is the RENO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Air Races's. Enter now to see the portfolio.

First impressions are important.

My first impression was the P-38 photo. It made me want to read more about the site. That's when the spelling and grammar glitches were noticed.

Also, the text is narrative, yet the heading "About Me" is first person.

Maybe..."About Shawn" would work better.

My 2 cents. B.

Comment

Love the opening shot. As someone who started his own site three years ago, I know it takes a bunch of time to get one that at least looks decent. Mine is pretty simple, but it still takes time to do everything, especially processing all the freakin RAW files!!

Keep at it, and keep it simple, from someone who knows.

Comment

Great job Shawn. B&W photos bring out so much that you don't see in color. The P38 was one of my Moms favorite. Thanks for sharing as you are very talented.
          Lockheed Bob

Comment

thank you guys i know about the spelling just ran out of time it due thursday and we present them . i did it in cs3 dreamweaver its the secound time i used it my teaher said i improve sinse the beginning of the semester . the bmw i never herd what happen to that that was one of my best assignments. i do want to add a other page it will be a history page about my dad , grang pa he was a merchant marine , and my great uncle i herd he was a photographer with a B-24 squrdron. Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Aro
              thank you guys i know about the spelling just ran out of time it due thursday and we present them . i did it in cs3 dreamweaver its the secound time i used it my teaher said i improve sinse the beginning of the semester . the bmw i never herd what happen to that that was one of my best assignments. i do want to add a other page it will be a history page about my dad , grang pa he was a merchant marine , and my great uncle i herd he was a photographer with a B-24 squrdron. Shawn
              Shawn.. hat's off to you if you can even begin using dreamweaver! I do this stuff every day and tried DW once and found it incridebly confusing!

Nice effort, actualy extremely good for someone early into making webs!...

I'd make one suggestion.. make your pages within a set width table at say... no more than 900 pixels and then work within that size... then when someone reads it at a wide setting in their browser, the text will stay within that 800-900 pixels and be MUCH easier to read....

All in all, a REALLY good first effort! (way better than I did first time out!)

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X