1649A Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1649A Auction

Maurice Roudy, the guy who personally saved three of the remaining Lockheed 1649A Constellations is having a bankruptcy auction December 18 in Portland, Maine. He has spent a lot of time and money over the past 20+ years keeping these airplanes intact. Has anyone heard if there are any interested parties? It would be a shame if they went to the scrapman. If nothing else these 3350's are the ones with the good nose cases that may be in usable condition to make a Seafury or two even faster. Check out his website at Starliner.net

Re: 1649A Auction

That sucks... The Connie has always been one of my favorite aircraft. Sorry I'm not wealthy. I'd just buy them all up and restore them. I just love(d) seeing them fly. But then if I were rich I'd be funding Tsunami II as well. Hope Kermit keeps the one he has on loan at the very least.

Any details on the auction? Where? When? link? there is nothing on this web site.
    Bill Garnett
    InterstellarDust
    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

More info in this link/thread:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ain/3709003/1/

Comment

Try this.

T J

Comment

The Constellation auction is tomorrow, is anyone going. Any news on who might be buying, or is the scrapper going to get them?

Comment

A group of Germans bought all three for $700K. They plan on restoring one to fly. Apparently the bidding was over in 10 minutes.

Comment

The rest of the story: http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=104&sid=1313113

Comment

3 CHEERS for NOT letting the scrappers get them!!! I am so happy...
                Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by JetsareforKids
                  A group of Germans bought all three for $700K. They plan on restoring one to fly. Apparently the bidding was over in 10 minutes.
                  Sounds like a good deal?
                  "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Working...
                  X