X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Max!!!!

Blue that is!!

Re: The Max!!!!

I think it was Blue Max that would round the pylons, playing michine gun fire.

If you sat in the stands you couldnt hear it, But at the very west end of the pits, you could just get a hint of it.

I remeber being out past the dead line helping with the bipes and my pop getting a chuckle out of it when I pointed it out to him.

Comment

I hope it isn't bad, but, what ever happened to Blue Max???

WRL

Comment

thats was Wart Hog Tired Iron Racing Team. Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
          I hope it isn't bad, but, what ever happened to Blue Max???

WRL
          Unfortunately it was bad. See NTSB report link below. Some small parts were used by Ezell and crew in the re-build of the Corsair currently owned by the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. (Same corsair involveed in the horrible accident at Oshkosh some years back)

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
            Unfortunately it was bad. See NTSB report link below. Some small parts were used by Ezell and crew in the re-build of the Corsair currently owned by the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. (Same corsair involveed in the horrible accident at Oshkosh some years back)

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...13X30954&key=1
            Actually it was Lone Star Flight Museum's -5 project completed several years ago.

You would be amazed at the number of parts we were able to use for LSFM's project as well as several other projects through the years as well...

AE

Comment

Just starting to fold the wings!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
                Some small parts were used by Ezell and crew in the re-build of the Corsair currently owned by the Cavanaugh Flight Museum. (Same corsair involveed in the horrible accident at Oshkosh some years back)
                Actually, the Corsair that Cavanaugh was rebuilding is not the same one that crashed at Oshkosh in '99. That plane was a total writeoff. And "Lad" Doctor became a paraplegic because of the accident. They purchased another (perhaps on loan?) and refurbished it. It's a VF-17 paint scheme...gorgeous aircraft.
                SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

That was just one really bad day for everyone......just surprised and not happy with the outcome though the court system in the aftermath...............
                  Went Fast, Forgot to Turn Left, Saw God!

Comment

I couldn't let this thread go by without making a contribution. Blue Max with white undersides and pre-checkerboard nose.

Also, please see the following thread: Bob Guilford Photo Archive Thread

Steve Guilford
                    Last edited by F4U-7; 11-30-2007, 12:23 AM. Reason: Sign my name....
                    Steve Guilford

Comment

I'll always remember seeing the Blue Max doing flybys at Brown Field the day before it's loss the next day. I had just gotten to the show and was walking in, couldn't get any pics.

John

Comment

Working...
                      X