Reno 3D Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 3D Photos

Been noodling with scanners of late, so grab your goofy red/blue glasses and join me. The shot of John Penny celebrating his victory was taken within a fraction of a second of the shot on RARA's home page. Needless to say, the Dago Red photo is from last year. Follow the link bellow to a large 3D photo of Strega, also shot in '06.

I've settled on an Epson V700/750 to replace my dedicated slide scanner. Once I got the focus right, it produces as good or better results faster. These anaglyphs in no way represent the ability of the scanner to produce an image. In these single images, the green and blue channels are taken from the right hand image and the red channel is from the left hand image. As a result, the whole photo looks screwed up to the naked eye.

Attached Files
    Last edited by ignomini; 11-20-2007, 04:29 PM.
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Re: Reno 3D Photos

Dude, that's just WAY TOO COOL!!!!! Thanks for posting!

Comment

OK, where can I get the trick glasses. I have seen your work first hand, (at the gathering of photographers 2006), and would love to see more. Is there a web site or such, I am sure most of us don't have the glasses.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Shhh... Dont tell my kids...

But I stole my glasses from one of thier 3D movies on DVD. Spy Kids 3D I think it was.. roflmao

Wolfee

Comment

Originally posted by HiredBitSlinger
          OK, where can I get the trick glasses. I have seen your work first hand, (at the gathering of photographers 2006), and would love to see more. Is there a web site or such, I am sure most of us don't have the glasses.

Dan Plunkett
          Well, funny thing, I just happened to stillposess my photo issue of Aviation Week(leak)&Space Technology from 2001. They tried, for the first time, to publish in 3D. They provided a pair of the Blue/Red specs!
          I thought it worked pretty good. It took me back to my youth.

Comment

What a great way to view the races, thanks for sharing Robert
            "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Dan,

Go here for 3D glasses, or steal them from the kids.

View-Master, 3D Glasses, 3D Photography, 3D Camera, Eclipse Glasses

Thanks for the kind words all.

Robert Goldman
              No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
              http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Very cool! The Glacier Girl shot is amazing. Thanks for posting.
                Bob

Comment

I finally rediscovered my old cardboard set of 3D glasses. Robert, these have to be among the coolest images posted here.

I don't know how much work these are to produce but if you've got some more, you'd certainly have my appreciation.

Cheers
                  Gerry

Comment

This place says they give them away for free (self-addressed stampd envelope required). I don't know if the offer is still valid though:

Rainbow Symphony offers holographic stickers, rainbow suncatchers, solar eclipse eyewear, fireworks glasses, and more. Shop now, or customize your own products!

Comment

Working...
                    X