• Show
Clear All

• more owl history

here some pics from my dads collection. all the best shawn
    Attached Files

Re: more owl history

Nice pictures Shawn.
    I always thought the force arrangements on the Owl designs were
    interesting. The horizontal stab mounted significantly below the thrust line and the wing datum. I've looked at drawing these numerous times to be used as radio controlled racers but I've let myself be scared away by these unique characteristics. They must fly well, they have been very successful with the numerous models built by different people.I guess it's another case of just because it's different, doesn't make it wrong.

Arch
    Last edited by Arch Adamisin; 11-16-2007, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Ralph Wise is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Adamisin
        Nice pictures Shawn.
        I always thought the force arrangements on the Owl designs were
        interesting. The horizontal stab mounted significantly below the thrust line and the wing datum. I've looked at drawing these numerous times to be used as radio controlled racers but I've let myself be scared away by these unique characteristics. They must fly well, they have been very successful with the numerous models built by different people.I guess it's another case of just because it's different, doesn't make it wrong.

Arch

I didn't know CLPA guys were allowed on this site!
        Chris...

Comment

Chris,
          I've done a lot more RC racing in the last 20 years than CLPA. My 2 sons and I have enjoyed a lot of quickie 500 and Q-40. If fact, my wife and I have been going to Reno for the last 6 years and we've both really look forward to them again this Sep.

Arch

Comment

Hi Arch: Did you model the F1 Evo? Rudy
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

i need an owl airframe to put my wing on where are theymy wing is from lil quickie/aloha i would like to bring one of those back to reno
              Last edited by f1-69; 02-20-2011, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
                i need an owl airframe to put my wing on where are theymy wing is from lil quickie/aloha i would like to bring one of those back to reno
                Who ended up with the one that was in Midland? I made an offer on it, but didn't get it.

Comment

If you're referring to the Owl fuse that was for sale in TX, I ended up with it.

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  Who ended up with the one that was in Midland? I made an offer on it, but didn't get it.

Comment

Working...
                  X