OFF TOPIC BUT AWESOME - NELLIS AIR SHOW - AVIATION NATION '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF TOPIC BUT AWESOME - NELLIS AIR SHOW - AVIATION NATION '07

OK so this really is off topic, since this is the racing forum but what to heck, once again, we all read this one more so I'm gonna start the "Nellis Air Show" thread here...

Had the chance to ride around the field today with one of the show directors as they went through the frantic drill of turning an active air base into a show site in 48 hours!

First thought is (as always) anyone who puts on a major air show at an active military base has to be nutz but...

I'm actually in the information loop for this show (so I thought) since I do their website but, I was completely surprised today when I noted that there are MANY more airplanes here than were "advertised" and sent to me to put on the site!

For instance...

3, count em THREE Phantoms!! All three did a quick launch, turn around the pattern and then a nice chute popping series of landings one right after the other.. awesome!

2, count em TWO BUFF's!!

At least two B-25's several P-51's, I saw three MiG's (didn't get close enough to tell if all three were -17's or a mix of -17-15's) At least one F-86, a Zero (real but with a Pratt) an AC-47, C-47, C-46...

F-102, F-86... and I'm not even out there AC spotting... I'm just along as an "administrative assistant for the day" (TANKS AMANDA!)

Photos were sooooorrtttt of taboo today....

So nothing from the peanut gallery.. I've tempted the gun totin' gods here at Nellis once before and if someone tells me no pix.. there ain't no pix! These guys/gals are SERIOUS!

There's a C-5 en-route with a cargo hold full of WWI stuff as well (Supposed to be here this noon but is held up "somewhere" with a "mechanical") It should arrive some time tomorrow...

I've not even scratched the surface of what's here this weekend.. or what's on the way.. if you can get out, an incredibly talented and dedicated group of folks are bustin' butt to make a great show for the AF's 60th close out.. This is the capstone event of the anniversary year for the AF... You really should get here!

If you can't get here, for the first time this year (after many years of effort and tries to make it happen) it will be available live on the net!!

Link will not be live till Saturday AM but I'm currently working on getting it set up... I may also be instructed to direct it to a different link but you'll be able to find it there.

Join Gordon Bowman Jones and the other announcers who will present the performers and demonstrations at this premier aviation event!

This should be a hoot!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: OFF TOPIC BUT AWESOME - NELLIS AIR SHOW - AVIATION NATION '07

Quick addendum.. these guys http://www.thev.tv/ are doing a bang up job of pre-show coverage and they will also be a source of the live feed if the aviationnation.org site should become overwhelmed with traffic during the event..

(FINGERS CROSSED AND CLENCHED!)

Victor and Jeff are already here, TVR Photo is here... On-Board Images is here (you'll see their work via the jumbo trons if you're here or the net broadcast if not)...

I'm here... gonna test my weak left arm again with the new lens..

We'll have some shots on the site tomorrow some time after the practice day and after the welcome party... (ummn... I know, welcome party's and WORK after don't, exactly go together..)

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

....P-52 ?

.....are we talking some of these ?

.......am I in the middle of a sometimer's episode....
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51
        Arr Arr Arr..... they had those too!!

Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          F-102, F-86... and I'm not even out there AC spotting... I'm just along as an "administrative assistant for the day" (TANKS AMANDA!)
          Whoooaaaa! An F-102? Is it flying or static? I didn't think there were any flyers around!

Comment

Some from today:

Excuse any crappy editing,my laptop screen is the worst...

Comment

Totally Awesome!!!

Comment

R. Coulter - Major Kudos on posting these awesome Nellis shots (some of the best stuff I've seen EVER!). The Raptor shot- 'soars & roars' - simply SUPERLATIVE (Size- LARGE!). Keep up the great work and keep sharing them with us anytime! BuckyD

Comment

Love the (Q)F-4E shot! Double Uglies are still cool! I hate to think she'll take one in the guts one day! Thanks for posting!
                  Last edited by B52Hfan; 11-11-2007, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Haven't had time to do anything with photos other than put up some at the Aviation Nation site..

Lots more coming, plus the live feed has been captured onto HD's and will be available for a period of time for review as archival vids... (not sure how soon or for how long but it's good and worth the watch) plus a DVD of the show will be available soon (hopefuly, in time for christmas!)

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                      plus a DVD of the show will be available soon (hopefuly, in time for christmas!)

Wayne
                      Awesome, I will buy one absolutely for sure. Who is putting out the DVD? Is it Air Show Buzz or the Aviation Nation entity. Did you have any part in the making of that?

Comment

Thanks. I do so love Phantoms.
                        _________
                        -Matt
                        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Here's one of the 'Heritage Flight' break from Saturday.

Comment

ohhhh...my new desktop!!!! Stunning work, Mr. Shreeve!!!! (checks in the mail!)
                            Last edited by B52Hfan; 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Bye Bye my P38 (the can opener type)

I had it for 3/4s my life..... now its in the airport security metal scrap bin at the TIJ (tiajuana airport) !!!!!!!!!!!!

F*** ME !

Bmarsh

Comment

Working...
                              X