*Feeler* Interest in an art project..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Feeler* Interest in an art project..

Working on putting something together with my dad. Tying to gauge interest. Would any of you be interested in the following? A framed Item that consisted of a NICE peice of artwork of Greenemeyer's F-104 (red baron) or picture perhaps if a good one could be located. A short write up of the speed record attempt and a some hardware pieces of the cockpit/canopy release mechanism. It would be accompanied by a letter of authenticity from Mr Geenameyer and a photograph of the portion of the airplane that the parts came from.

trying to get some input from people who would like to have a small peice of this aviation history...

Re: *Feeler* Interest in an art project..

Interest, yes there is.
    Cheers

Comment

I'd be interested as well

Race 29
      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Very interested

Comment

Does that include a tad bit of charred metal as a moe-men-toe

Bmarsh

Comment

No charred metal. we have the peice of fuse that was under the canopy that has "Darryl Greenamyer" painted on it. There is a bunch of the canopy release mechanism on the back side. It will include peices of this hardware. Pretty cool considering he had to punch out of the plane. This may well be that last part of the plane he touched...
            Attached Files

Comment

Just a long overdue update. This is finally moving forward, I have received Mr. Greenamyers blessing and support.

He is willing to help out with some pretty incredible offerings and I think this is going to be pretty cool.

The plan is to use the fittings and such for the shadow box and get the sheet metal into the Evergreen museum. He has offered to give me the ejection seat and parachute as well for the exhibit.

I have a pro model builder doing a 1/48 scale reproduction to tie it all together.

Speeddemon-you built one of these kits right? got any tips for my builder?

What do you guys think I should include in the shadow box? I hope to find a good picture but there are not that many out there that are nice and clear. Anybody sitting on something special? I am going to be asking Darryl about pictures as well.

But what else? Obviously a brief description of the record and the attempt and subsequent bail out. A picture of Darryl? a drawing of the plane?

Let me know what you guys think...

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                I have a pro model builder doing a 1/48 scale reproduction to tie it all together.

Speeddemon-you built one of these kits right? got any tips for my builder?
                I never built any 'specific' kit of that plane. The one that is down at Planes of Fame on display was actually a 1/32 Hasegawa kit that I did up by hand. At the time I think the only kit of the RB-104 was the Italeri (or whatever it was) 1/72 kit. I wanted mine to be a bit bigger...

That was about 1992 or so. Didn't have a lot of the detail pictures I have of that plane that I have today, so I"m sure it could use some improvement.

Jim/Speedy

Comment

Ahh. My builder is using the 1/48 Hasagawa "Red Baron" Kit.

Do you want to help the casue with the use of some of the pictures you have?

Just reference stuff for now. If any of the pics get used for final product we can discuss the specifics of that.

Comment

Just wanted to say that the piece of metal from the RB-104 that actually has Darryl's name on it must be worth a small fortune in itself...

Comment

Interesting, just after the crash, there were
                      "Own a piece of history" (or something to that effect), ads, that appeared in Trade-A-Plane.
                      If memory serves me, they were little Lucite cubes with pieces of the airplane in them.
                      Any one buy one back then, or have the ad?

Comment

intersting. Never heard anything about that.

As for the peice with his name on it being worth a fortune, I've never really thought about it like that. I suppose to the right person it would be worth something, but to most it would be worth it weight in scrap (not much!)

Its a peice of history and belongs in a museum.

Comment

I have seen these type of items before, pieces of famous aircraft crashes. The Edwards Flying Wing, XB-70 and the Hindenburg crashes come to mind, and I have seen them for sale at Reno. Most have been tastefully done shadowboxes with exactly what you describe, a piece, a photo or two and a description of the event and the item. I always thought they were pretty cool.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

So I found the attached PDF on the Net. Anyone have a clue how I could find the original picture of conquest one and the Red Baron??

That would be nice.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by flyingjibus; 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X