Voodoo back to racing trim!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo back to racing trim!!

I was just checking out the Voodoo web page and saw a video of Bob Button (unfortnatly) announcing his retirement as a race pilot. He did however say that he'll get a younger pilot to race her, and he's going to but the race canopy back on along with other mods! Check out the video!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Voodoo back to racing trim!!

Mr. Button seems like a really nice guy, friendly and patient with us silly spectators. While it's too bad to see him retire, I can't wait to see Voodoo in "hi speed" configuration again.
    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

since silly season is here I heard that a Yak driver is going to fly Voodoo

Comment

You would be hard pressed to find a more approachable and nicer guy than Bob Button. The simple fact that he has returned to Reno year after year, even after some of the more disappointing years is a testiment to his character. You will not find a more fun loving race pilot and owner anywhere. Bob accomplished what he had always set out to do.......race an unlimited racer at Reno. He told me he had successfully qualified, raced and even experienced and survived a mayday. I have done it all, and now it is time for someone young and energetic to take Voodoo to the next level. I look forward with anticipation for the next year of air racing and the resurgence of Voodoo. I know who that next young energetic pilot is, and it will be very interesting around the sticks next year. The next chapter of Voodoo will be by far the most exciting in her history. Purple may just be a winning color after all next year. It will be fun to witness that ole Voodoo magic out on the course.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
          You would be hard pressed to find a more approachable and nicer guy than Bob Button. I look forward with anticipation for the next year of air racing and the resurgence of Voodoo. I know who that next young energetic pilot is, and it will be very interesting around the sticks next year. The next chapter of Voodoo will be by far the most exciting in her history. Purple may just be a winning color after all next year. It will be fun to witness that ole Voodoo magic out on the course.

Dave
          I don't suppose you could tell us who that will be can you?
          Cheers

Comment

Poor Bob still had his hands dirty when my 11 year old son, my Wife and I confronted him in the Voodoo pits after his Mayday. Voodoo was not anywhere near his pit when my son went up and asked for an autograph. Bob just asked if he could wash his hands....... Awesome guy. I wish and hope him and the team the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
              since silly season is here I heard that a Yak driver is going to fly Voodoo
              Yep, that is "silly season" stuff.... it's also one that the principals want to keep to themselves untill the fine wine has time to reach the proper point of drinking....

We're gonna honor that request here...

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Why was VOODOO "un-racered" in the first place? I always wondered.
                "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk
                  Why was VOODOO "un-racered" in the first place? I always wondered.
                  So that Bob could fit in it and enjoy flying his airplane for a while.

Comment

Voodoo and its inspiration: http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=92e5b1b1
                    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                    World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Bob and Voodoo looked like they were moving pretty good at the start of this years Sunday Gold race, and I was hoping he would be able to keep up the pace. There is no doubt that Airplane is fast!

Comment

Would someone please explain to me why someone would pollute the sound of a Merlin with dubbed music?? I see this over and over again. If I want to hear Hendrix, I know where to find it. I DON"T want to hear that or anything else while watching airplane or racing videos.

WTF???
                        GP

Comment

Those same people probably thought a jet class sounded good too !
                          Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Ummm....probably the guy who went through the effort to get his butt there, shoot the footage and edit it?
                            Red
                            chanting...400+

Comment

Ok, so since speculation is one of our favorite pastimes on this board, let's toss out some names of who might possibly be the new pilot. On the video (couldn't help but notice Bob even paused when the Mustang flew by. Maybe he loves the sound of a Merlin too!) Bob mentioned he had a couple options. Who would be young, energetic, AND have the talent and ability? Speculate away!!!

I'll be the first to toss Randy Goss or Randy Haskins names out there! Possibilities?

Race 29
                              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                              X