Who's B25 is at Morgan Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's B25 is at Morgan Hill

As I was running down 101 on my way to an auto cross I couldn't miss the B25 sitting on the ramp at Morgan Hill. It was still there when I came back. It looks like its a hard nose, but I'm not positive. It was still pretty cool to see it sitting there.

Will

Re: Who's B25 is at Morgan Hill

I am not familiar with California, but is it this one?

Chris

Comment

It was just flown back from Ohio this past month and was previously owned by Tallichet. It's now owned by Ken McBride, who runs http://www.51-factory.com/Items_in_process.html

Michael

Comment

Chatted briefly with Ken and the ferry pilot while helping them unload
        after their uneventful trip out from Ohio. The Wrights sounded sweet, but with the exception of the flight deck the interior is an empty shell, most of the glass is crazed and the paint may not be original, but it looks it. Ken allowed that this will be a long term restoration project.
        One of his friends allowed that besides his P-51 and now the B-25 Ken
        also has several stored treasures including an F8F awaiting restoration.
        As soon as I can figure out how to post a few of the shots I took I will.
        The airport by the way is in unincorporated San Martin, not the city of Morgan Hill.

Comment

That looks like the one. I can never remember that the airport is not a part of Morgan Hill. It sounds like the B25 while being tired really isn't all that bad if it was flown across the country. Its got a good patina to it. Honestly from the freeway, it looked to be in better shape than the pictures show. One of these days I will stop in at the museum there.

Will

Comment

Today's issue of the GilroyDispatch (Nov. 6) features a front page photo spread and article on Ken and his "new" airplane. The URL is Gilroydispatch.com, check it out. Frank

Comment

Working...
            X