Tibbets Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tibbets Dies

Just noticed a report that Paul Tibbets, the pilot of the "Enola Gay" which dropped the Atomic bomb on Hiroshima died at 92 years of age today. Limited amount of time left with these wonderful older WWII vets. Time to set down with one if you know them and hear some amazing stories!

Re: Tibbets Dies

I shook his hand at a book signing at Reno a few years ago. At least I was able to thank him for his duty. I remember his smile.

Whoadude

Comment

Rest in peace

Comment

I was very fortunate to attend his 90th Birthday Party at Eps air service. Will never forget....................
        Brad
        Windy Hill GA83

Comment

I was fortunate enough to meet Mr. Tibbets at Reno a few years ago. My daughters didn't really get a grasp of his place in history until this year. They're teenagers now, and to have met someone like him is special to both them and to me.
          RIP, Paul. A grateful nation mourns your passing.

Comment

Originally posted by whoadude
            I shook his hand at a book signing at Reno a few years ago. At least I was able to thank him for his duty. I remember his smile.

Whoadude
            Same here, but I missed the signing. He needed a break, but was locked in by a bunch of tables, and was getting frustrated. I moved a table out of the way and he thanked me. I shook his hand and thanked him back, saying that it was nothing compared to what he did for our country. I realize that it probably means nothing to most people, but it meant the world to me.

Comment

Working...
            X