Quick story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick story

I had an extra ticket for Saturday, and just figured that I would give it to someone sporting a cool t-shirt. So, I find this guy in line (way back) wearing a Steadfast shirt. I walked over and said, "hey, nice shirt, would you like a ticket for today for free?" Well, he thought I was a scam artist, and refused, but I told him and his friend "what would it hurt to take it and see if I was a B.S. artist" Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    He reluctantly agreed, and I proceeded to go through the bag check area.

Once inside, I made my way toward the pit entrance, only to be called on my cell phone by an old friend to meet him in the static display. I meander my way to the opposite end, and the t-shirt guy was taking pics of the planes on the ramp. I walk up to his buddy and laughingly say "you should tell him that not everyone is a scammer". Then his buddy turns around and comes over to shake my hand, now all smiles. We talk for a few, and went on our merry ways.

Anyway, long story short, a cool looking Steadfast shirt got this guy a free ticket, but you can't believe how hard it is to give something away these days.... Paul

Re: Quick story

I was standing in line for a pit pass with my 9 year old nephew on Saturday, and a woman walked up to me and said 'you taking the kid to the pits?' I said yes and she handed me her 'extra' pit pass. Some cool stuff happens at Reno. Thanks again.

Comment

I can believe how hard it is to give something away, and this was to a friend. The people next to us had 2 extra box seat tickets for Sunday, I was given the tickets and then went to get my friend and his wife who were both at the races. They looked at me like I was nuts, and even after showing them the tickets, it took a few more minutes before they decided I wasn't joking around. I might joke around now and then, but never about air racing and tickets.

Lonnie

Comment

I have reserve parking every year. When I was walking to my car for a break an elderly gentleman stopped and asked me where to buy tickets to the races.So a gave him an extra one of mine (my wife only will go so many times during the week).In talking to him not only does he have farms in reno area but one in Sebastopol Ca. where I work. Small World!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X