X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Thunder Over Reno Updates?

Sure has been quiet. Any updates?

my mother told me that

if you can't say anything good just don't say anyrhing at all...yes I have seen the whole movie.

Comment

Re: my mother told me that

Originally posted by JET1
      if you can't say anything good just don't say anyrhing at all...yes I have seen the whole movie.
      In that case there will not be a review written about it. I can't believe I sit thorugh it to the end.

Comment

Re: Any Thunder Over Reno Updates?

In agreement with Race22mech and jet1, ditto ditto, and ditto ditto. I'm just glad we didn't have to pay to watch it.........
        MG

Comment

Cmon people,

It cant be THAT bad, besides The producers have stated that the version you saw in Reno, was not the finial production of the film to be released. There was still lots of work to be done.

Lets give them a lil bit of credit here.

Thanks

Wolfee

Comment

Some movies are never released........I just wonder if this will be one? Although I haven't seen it, I was a little skeptical when I saw the list of actors........of which I had never heard of. Hopefully, if and when it is released, it will be a superior version then what some of you saw in Reno.
            Brian

Comment

I don't care if it's the worst aviation movie ever made. At least it has awesome flying footage in it. That, in itself, makes it a worthwhile venture. I will be BUYING it for sure, when it comes out on DVD.

Is anybody here old enough to remember Cloud Dancer when it came out?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                Cmon people,

It cant be THAT bad, besides The producers have stated that the version you saw in Reno, was not the finial production of the film to be released. There was still lots of work to be done.

Lets give them a lil bit of credit here.

Thanks

Wolfee
                This is one thing I keep hearing again and again..."this is not the final version".

If the complaints from viewers were something like;

- "It was too long" or "too short"
                - "movie really dragged along"
                - "I didn't understand the part where..."
                - "really dull music"
                - "sound was all messed up, could not hear the actors over the background noise"

...then I'd be all on board for waiting until the final cut of the flick.

Unfortunately, the complaints that I have heard all point to the fact that the script and acting were just plain poor...no amount of work in the editing room can fix that.

Haven't seen it personally, so I can't really form an honest opinion.
                Last edited by Randy Haskin; 10-21-2007, 03:23 AM.

Comment

We have to remember we are all airplane/air race fanatics and don't we go to see most airplane related films just to see the airplane[s]? Do we listen to the announcers during a race or do we watch the planes flying? Put it all in that perspective and enjoy the planes.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

Good or bad, the movie is about a sport we love. It took alot of guts to put the $$ up to make the movie. If it comes around I will throw my $8.50 into the movie theater's hat as will my Wife and Kid. Hell most of us give that much to the people asking for handouts in front of the supermarket.

If the movie isn't great, bring your I-pod and just watch the planes

Geeesh......
                    Last edited by degroodtt; 10-21-2007, 01:05 PM. Reason: added a comma

Comment

ok...the air to air shots were great....but.....

Comment

The opening Voodoo sequence was worth the price of admission!

Wayja

Comment

Wayne-
                          I heard that the flying sequence 'out-takes' were being sold at the Reno premier. I didn't see them.
                          Is that the same thing as the "Racing Reno" video, following Bob Odegard?

Thanks,
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Wayja
                            The opening Voodoo sequence was worth the price of admission!

Wayja
                            I'd take my family to see it again. If it makes it to theaters. Otherwise I'll buy the DVD. The acting was not the greatest but,Ive seen worse. The biggest problem I had with it was the airplane sound effects.
                            A Mustang does NOT need Thunder sound effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                              Wayne-
                              I heard that the flying sequence 'out-takes' were being sold at the Reno premier. I didn't see them.
                              Is that the same thing as the "Racing Reno" video, following Bob Odegard?

Thanks,
                              Paul
                              Paul,

Not sure.... Didn't manage to get one of the DVD's at Reno and have yet to see the "new" offering either....

I'm not really on the "need to know" list for info from the movie camp but did get a head's up that good news was coming..

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X