Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday after the Gold

What about this?

I knew when I took the photo I would get flare from the sun, but I like how it turned out.

Re: Sunday after the Gold

The flare works Tim! Great job!

Comment

Really nice as usual, Tim! You have a sense of light that I envy even after all the years that I've been doing this. Or is it your remarkable patience waiting for your photographs to unfold that I envy?

Anyway, I do love your work -- I'm looking forward to watching it evolve over the next few years.

So you feel you struggled a bit out on the pylons? That would be a bit hard to believe considering the race car work you've done. Or is it that you just haven't worked up your pylon stuff yet?

Neal

Comment

Thanks, I don't know if it's patience, or the fact that I love wandering around the pits very early, and very late looking for stuff. As for the pylons, the race cars are only going up to 200mph, not over 400mph. I also shot all the pylon stuff with the 70-200, or the 300 with the 1.4x (420) on it. If I get the chance to be at the pylons next year, I think I will try just the straight 300 a lot more.

Comment

I carry an extender, but found myself using the 300 prime for at least 95% of my pylon work, and I'm pretty pleased with what I got. I don't know how the 500 mm guys do what they do -- I'm definitely too old for that stuff...

Neal

Comment

Don't feel bad Tim, I was frustrated after my first trip to the pylons at rookie school. I figured out my problem though, I was trying for too low of a shutter speed, try 160th of a second or 125th of a second

Although I did a get a few keepers

I did much better at the Races but I still need some work also. So I guess what I am saying is don't worry about it, and the stuff you posted from the pylons already looks great
            Last edited by RCoulter; 10-19-2007, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Gordo at work,

And The Mad Chimper!!

Comment

Mikey, Al, & Steve...PRIME TIME Casting

Comment

2 more great shots Tim! Nice job

Comment