Racing Reno DVD Race 57 Super Corsair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Reno DVD Race 57 Super Corsair

Just wanted to let everyone know that the DVD is now available.

We follow veteran warbird pilot, Robert Odegaard, as he races in the unlimited class with his rare F2G Super Corsair and flies for a feature film "Thunder Over Reno". See some of the most compelling aviation footage ever captured; hang on as we go Racing Reno.

Available for purchase at: www.racingreno.com

Re: Racing Reno DVD Race 57 Super Corsair

How many minutes is the DVD?

Comment

It's about 40 minutes. I bought mine at the 57 pit and it was the best ten bucks I've ever spent.
      Last edited by dineega; 10-19-2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I ordered one from their website and they sent it right out. Great DVD!
        Kathleen

Comment

I ordered from their website too-a GREAT buy! Beautiful footage! We all have enjoyed it here!

JMurphy

Comment

Ditto - one for the collection!
            F1 Race 98 & 99

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

We will be posting some clips from the video in the next couple weeks. Stay tuned. I will let you know when they are available.

Comment

I bought it based on this thread, shipping took three days and it's the best $15.00 (including shipping) I've spent in a long time. Absolutely superb photography and air to air to rival Waldo Pepper or Top Gun.

Comment

I too, must add my kudos to this wonderful video production! It is awesome footage, some of the best I've ever seen. The price was extremely reasonable, and I got the DVD 3 days after I ordered it. Simply superb!

A couple of quick comments/questions:

1) How in the world did you capture that wonderful footage in the beginnning of Miss America flying and passing Big Bossman? The plane was just screaming along and the camera operator kept the airplane perfectly in the center of the screen, I mean PERFECTLY! It's obvious that no human could do that without some kind of technical help. I take it that the camera was gyro stabilized to make that kind of shot. It looks slightly different than some of the other footage. Was that an outtake from TOR that was shot on a professional Hollywood camera mount/platform? That footage is STUNNING!

2) Please don't take this as a criticism, as the DVD was a 9.5 out of a 10, but one thing that would have really made this DVD without equal would have been the inclusion of in flight cockpit footage. I know you guys have put cameras in # 57 before, right behind Mr. Odegaard's head. If you would have simply put some in-cockpit camera footage on there, interspliced with the rest of the superb footage, it would have really made this DVD in a class by itself. Any chance you might make another DVD with in flight cockpit camera footage?

Thanks for your time and efforts in putting this DVD out. We all need to support this to hopefully get other racers/crews to put out superb DVD's of this caliber!

Great job!

Comment

So is this the same video that they were selling along with T-shirts and stuff after the premier during the races?

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
                      So is this the same video that they were selling along with T-shirts and stuff after the premier during the races?
                      Yup. I got mine at the 57 pits along with a T-shirt on Saturday
                      Last edited by Ken from PG; 10-28-2007, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ken...

Neal

Comment

Got my copy Sunday. I had some trouble with PayPal but Tom Berglind sent the DVD out immediately and trusted me for the check. Nice to deal with people like that.

Thanks again Tom. DVD was great.
                          GP

Comment

Working...
                          X