future unlimiteds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future unlimiteds

I wonder if there could be a drawing type forum started, where readers send in their ideas for future umlimiteds ?

I had many swimming around in my head, and I'm sure others do; too.

Even if one were short on ideas, perhaps they like to do or are good at drawing; ultilizing other people's inputs ?

Some thoughts -

- An F5U w/ R3350's & composite propeller blades

- A composite DH Mosiquito

- A DH Hornet, w/ Griffon engines

- A Westland Whirlwind, w/ Merlins

- An I-16 w/ a R2800

- A Polikarpov I-180, w/ a R3350

- A " Ring Wing ", with a central transonic fuselage holding a R4360.

- A Ro-58 w/ twin R3350s

- A " Learstar" set up for racing

- A P2V w/ clipped wings & weight redux, set up for racing

- A re-production AJ1, w/ twin R4360s; streamlined

- A composite Beech A-11 Grizzly, streamlined

- A repro Commonwealth CA-11 "Woomera', w/ R3350s; cleaned up

- A Beech Duke, w/ hoped-up 8 cyl Lycomings; for the Bronze race

- A Japaness Dinah, w/ the pointy glass nose; and R3350s

Just some thoughts.
    357Mag

Re: future unlimiteds

Sounds like fun to me. Just wanted to point out though, the DH Mosquito is a composite, the original composite! I don't have anything that I wanted to share right now, maybe just have to wait and see it when it's done!

Comment

I would love to see a p38 with twin merlins,Do thay make oppisite turnning merlin

Comment

How about this? A Pilatus PC-21 trainer, highly modified. The stock airplane will do about 437mph. It has a swept wing and a 1600hp turboprop.

So I figured that while we're dreaming I'd modify one in photoshop from line drawings and came up with this. Relatively mild modifications really. The tandem cockpit was converted to a single cockpit with racing canopy, moved slighly further back in the fuselage. The factory ejection seat is retained but reclined at an angle like the F-16 for comfort in high G maneuvers. The composite five blade prop is retained from the original design. The flaps are sealed up and flap tracts removed. The airframe would be lightened and a race prepped Merlin of 3,000hp would replace the turboprop. It would also have a boil off system installed. Rear tail and belly spline's gone.

Now this is purely fictional and would probably screw the weight and balance all up, but still cool to think about. The idea of this plane would yield at least 500mph I feel certain!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by h34race
          I would love to see a p38 with twin merlins,Do thay make oppisite turnning merlin
          A deHavilland Hornet had "handed" Merlin engines, now THAT with a boil-off!...by the way, the way it's done is with a "Reverse" gear in the gear case, they didn't make superchargers that went the other way...D.

Comment

Hey Dash

sorrta looks like a Tucano

BM

Comment

Working...
            X