Your very own R3350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your very own R3350

P-2 Neptune. Looks like he has a couple of them. Gotta be some usable parts.

Re: Your very own R3350

I've seen those photos before. I think he was sellng those very same "engines-in-a-can" a year or 2 ago....

Here's the old topic, but the older ebay auction has long since expired. He must feel the engines are worth more than anyone else believes if he still has 'em.

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

He also claims this engine model is treasured by Reno racers (mod: R3350-32WA). Is this true, or just sales hype?

I'm just wondering why they haven't sold if this is such a great deal?

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 10-15-2007, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Could have bought a used one at the Greybul auction for a few hundred dollars. I wonder what his reserve is.

Jarrod

Comment

I don't even WANT to see the corrosion on that.

Comment

What could that mysterious coffee like substance be oozing out of the accessory section? Looks like rusty water! Huh.
          "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Howa 'bout this?

Comment

I'll take a one of those. I was looking at that yesterday. Seems like a deal considering its flyable and its a A/B26 Invader. Anyone have a spare $115K they can give me? I'd even be down to take it racing.

Will

Comment

Hummn... wish it had a nice tail gunner position.. mebbie we could take up a collection

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  Hummn... wish it had a nice tail gunner position.. mebbie we could take up a collection

I like it! While were at it I could use a pilots license as well. The B26 is one of my favorite planes of all time. Its career is amazing, WW2, Korea, Viet Nam, then 30 more years of fire fighting. Thats a well built plane. On top of that, I bet it makes a heck of air to air camera sled.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR
                    I'll take a one of those. I was looking at that yesterday. Seems like a deal considering its flyable and its a A/B26 Invader. Anyone have a spare $115K they can give me? I'd even be down to take it racing.

Will
                    Is it flyable? I didn't see it flying in any of the videos?

Jarrod

Comment

Now if it was a real B26 Martin Marauder it would be worth a lot. What engines were in it? I know for a time it was called the"Flying Coffin".
                      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob
                        Now if it was a real B26 Martin Marauder it would be worth a lot. What engines were in it? I know for a time it was called the"Flying Coffin".

Both the A-26 Invader and the B-26 Marauder used P&W R-2800s. Not sure if they were the same or different dash numbers. The A-26 was the better overall performer of the two. Apparently the CAF's "Spirit of Waco" spent some years in the 70s putting its performance to use... much to the dismay of the DEA.

Comment

I see where a fire fighting in Canada has/had 7 A/B26s for sale. It gave a number to call. No price.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X