Super Sports Final on U-Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Sports Final on U-Tube

I just posted two movies to You-Tube. They are parts 1 and 2 of a 19 minute movie shot from the cockpit of Race 71, the Questair Venture and from the ground.

They are edited down, but include from engine start to the end of the race where 71 finished third, at 351 MPH and passed to take third on the last half of the last lap.

These are much better on the DVD. I will consider getting some copies made and sending them out at my cost if there is interest.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Bruce Patton

Re: Super Sports Final on U-Tube

bruce,
    Couldn't get the second to load. Mike did a great job, can't wait until next year. Already started saving for next year.

Comment

Just to set the record straight, #44 was passed because he was lolly-gagging. All you have to do to realise that is to see the lead #44 had over #71 half way through through the race. #44 was at about 90% power.

Comment

I remember sitting in the box yelling at people "Look at that egg go!" LOL

Good Job, Mike. It was fun to watch.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by georgiacub
          #44 was passed because he was lolly-gagging. All you have to do to realise that is to see the lead #44 had over #71 half way through through the race. #44 was at about 90% power.
          HMMMM, I thought is was a race? Guess 44 didn't get that memo! The record is that #71 came in 3rd and 44 didn't.....

Great methodical racing Mike!!
          http://www.kevineldredge.com
          http://www.myairport.com
          sigpic

Comment

Kevin,

If you think a person should push his engine to the limit regardless of the fact that he might not be able to finish the race, then I suppose that Jon Sharp was wasting his breath when he told you, a couple of years ago, that if you have a good lead then perhaps it would be wise to fly (race?) at a reduced power setting?

Just curious.

Had #44 known that #71 was closing the 8 second gap, the power would have been increased, just enough to keep #71 at 6:00.

Comment

Old Chinese Proverb:

"Those who lolly-gag should use a rear view mirror.....or radio."

Comment

King Old Chinese Proverb:

"Those who lolly-gag should use a rear view mirror.....or radio."

I would certainly agree with that statement!

Comment

"A victory never needs to be explained, and an excuse can never be explained".
                  A dynamic end to the sport class gold race: to blast by a competitor that has lead for over 5 laps after the last turn of the last lap of the last sport class race of the year and win 3rd place 'going away' in front of the Grandstand at the home pylon. Great racing throughout the whole Sport Class.

Comment

"A victory never needs to be explained, and an excuse can never be explained".

What an "interesting" statement!

However, I wasn't aware that any excuses were being offered. I thought using the word "lolly-gag" would alert even the most casual observer that there was a bit of light hearted humor directed toward the pilot of #44.

But I guess you aren't just any casual observer??????

Comment

I am a casual observer to this thread , And this pissing match is pretty funny. A win is a win. There is no excuse/explanation/reason that can change finishing order.

Good racing all around!

Comment

Originally posted by georgiacub
                        But I guess you aren't just any casual observer??????
                        <moderator hat on> OBJECTION! </moderator>

<best judge judgement face>Argumentitive... objection sustained!I would ask that the witness keep his remarks to the point and not get personal</judge>

<moderator hat on> georgiacub, since you signed up B4 we asked for names to be given during the registration process, I don't have a record for who you are. Now, some of the folks here are good enough to put their real names on their messages. I think your messages are getting to the point that some of the folks you're discussing with would appreciate knowing who they are discussing with</moderator>
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

<best judge judgement face>Argumentitive... objection sustained!I would ask that the witness keep his remarks to the point and not get personal</judge>

<moderator hat on> georgiacub, since you signed up B4 we asked for names to be given during the registration process, I don't have a record for who you are. Now, some of the folks here are good enough to put their real names on their messages. I think your messages are getting to the point that some of the folks you're discussing with would appreciate knowing who they are discussing with</moderator>
                          Could be #44?

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

Could be #44?

I saw the connection and can read through the lines.

Comment

Working...
                            X