F7F Moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F7F Moved

I'd love to see someone build a Tigercat and hang a pair of 3350's under the wings. Lighten the airframe up a bit, fix the wings and remove the tailhook assembly, and you'd have a gold contender, I think.

Re: F7F

And put P-3 blades on it!

I don't think it would be too fast as it has a lot of drag.

Jarrod
    Last edited by jarrodeu; 10-05-2007, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Would the wing root hold the weight and new HP??have a nother rare bear 3 blad made and what a racer we would have

Comment

Originally posted by h34race
        Would the wing root hold the weight and new HP??have a nother rare bear 3 blad made and what a racer we would have
        Roger to that. Might be pretty expensive undertaking.
        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's the Wing, NOT laminar flow...if you hung those 3350's on clipped P-82 wings, then put them on a F7F fuselage, a boil-off, cleaned-up the canopy and the wing roots, and probably added some area to the dorsal fin, you MIGHT have something!...D.

Comment

Alright then, who's got some P-82 wings? Or A-6 Intruder wings reconfigured without the sweep, and clipped a bit?

Comment

something like this. Some subtle changes, some not.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very Cool, but I think you might want a little more vertical stabiliser/rudder...that was the 1st thing Gordon Israel & Bob Hall did to the F7F-2, and out came the tall-tailed -3. True, the P-82 wings probably wouldn't be found, and might not hold up the 3350's,but those Intruder wings look Great! Your drawing is Excellent!...D.

Comment

Want another WILD thought?...replace the jet engine in a T-33 with a 3350 and a pusher prop, OR, put the cockpit were the engine WAS and put the 3350 in the Nose, might need taller landing gear! That was my 3rd Martini thought last night...D.

Comment

Well, empty, the t-33 weighs about 1300lb more than an F8F. But I do know where there is a P-80 without an engine for $25k, and there just happens to be three running 4360's inside the hangar, along with the prop from a KC-97. That sucker is huge. Idon't think the corncob would fit inside the fuse of the P-80 though.

Comment

Originally posted by David E. Wells
                      Want another WILD thought?...replace the jet engine in a T-33 with a 3350 and a pusher prop, OR, put the cockpit were the engine WAS and put the 3350 in the Nose, might need taller landing gear! That was my 3rd Martini thought last night...D.

The T-33/P-80 obviosly has a pretty good wing as far as the critical mach # is concerned, as evidenced by this year's qual speed in the jet class.

Comment

Here is another F7F, but with a scale F9F Panther wing and "custom" wingtip extension. I don't know jack about aerodynamics, but this looks fast. Also, while I'm going crazy with Paint, here's a Bearcat with the same to scale Panther wing, and two different extensions. 579 mph max speed on the Panther wing.

Comment

Pics didn't upload.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking when I thought about the T-33, But, a P-80! WOW! A 4360 and a 3350 are about the same dia., I think (55" +or-?) BUT that F9F wing is Brilliant! OFF to eat Turkey, Enjoy yours!...D.

Comment

You too. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X