The Gathering... busting my gut here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gathering... busting my gut here!

Since I had to go to the Gathering under a different publication's "umbrella" than here, I truly owe the publisher who lent me the publication's name to get there... I've been holding on and not posting anything on the board until I get the full batch to him..

Don't get me wrong, I paid my own way there but truly did place emphisis on how important it would be to that publication if I were granted the opportunity to get the shots I did manage to get.. So to me, it's an honor thing.. I simply HAVE to do it this way or I'll not be able to look at myself in the mirror!

But, I'm busting here.. GOTTA put *something* up.. Can't say this is the best, or the worst, it's just one that I figure I can get away with..

Even gonna post it the "Victor" way.. (embedded, not on the board w/thumbnail)

What an honor to be where we were last Saturday morning... !

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: The Gathering... busting my gut here!

Elegance personified...................

Thanks for giving us a glimpse, Wayne!

Comment

Nice pic.....

Comment

VERY Nice! Can't wait to see the rest of your work.

Comment

Excellant ! What a beatiful picture. Thank you for posting another of your great pictures.

Comment

Great job Wayne

Comment

Sweet!!!
              http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

The credit for any photo taken from the two B-25's that were hired by the event, TRULY has to go to Lyn Freeman, Paul Bowen and KT Budde-Jones!

Can you imagine 300 photographers, all wanting one of the seats on the extremely limited flights nipping at your heels all day long for a week... Not to mention every day for months before the event via phone and email!!!!!

I could tell... it was NOT an easy job.

A job made more difficult by scrubbed flights, weather and (almost) some mechanical problems (phew!) causing the flight list to become extremely fluid, to say the least!

I know there are a lot of disppointed shooters out there who would have given body parts to go... I also know that those of us who did go spent more time following around the three folks I gave credit to above than we did on the ramp shooting airplanes on the ground! Missed sunset shots, fly overs and what else to ensure that we were at EVERY briefing, whether or not we were scheduled to go.. after being bumped several times, my seat came to me via a shooter who was scheduled to fly who did not show up at the event...

Like Sue Petersen always says... "ninety percent of air to air is being there"

As true now as it always will be... Interesting to note.. We left the ground with one seat open because one of the photographers who was slated to go got a misqueue when our photoship left early on a paid ride, which none of us knew about, and thought he'd missed the flight...

Had an alternate been "hanging" around...

Special thanks to the folks at Stallion 51 for allowing us to be on the list and to those who got us on board..

As soon as I get my shots out to the I&P's who are interested and especially to Pacific Flyer... I'll be free to share..

Thanks for the compliments!!!!!! It was, again, an honor to be there!

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Yeah, never made it up even though I asked several times...
                  http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                  http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
                    Yeah, never made it up even though I asked several times...
                    Trust me, it took more than asking... it took hanging around!

Again, had someone been hanging around when we left one seat empty, that person would have been on the flight..

Opportunity missed!
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Maybe you shoulda' said.....ahem..."bustin' a nut"....with all those mustangs around!

Comment

Wayne - I've been lurking (and sometimes posting) here for some time now, and that pic is one of your best, IMHO.

A2A with an "armed to the teeth" Mustang, and prop blur to boot....doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks again for posting, and looking forward to seeing the rest once you get the OK..
                        Mark Johnson
                        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

The 1976 Reno winner, no less.

Did anyone else notice the 'Thunderbird' silhouette on one of the cowling panels?

Comment

Yep! Was just about to post a thread of all the former/current races there I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by race9
                              Yep! Was just about to post a thread of all the former/current races there I saw.

Post it! post it!..Thnaks
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X