KC-135 help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC-135 help?

Any body remember where the KC-135 was from and what unit? I thought it was washington but I'm not sure.

Thanks.
    Tony

Re: KC-135 help?

This one?
    Attached Files

Comment

that picture looks like a c-130 to me

Comment

Well, that's pretty close.

I checked out the '135 when it came in, and being a retired WANG'r, noted that it was not from WA. That doesn't mean that it wasn't, just that as I recall it was not.

Surely, someone has a picture of it or at least some other picture with it in the background.

Comment

I've got a couple of photos with it, but you can't really put anything together with it. But after a little searching and a big guess, I'm going to say that this tanker was from 927th Air Refueling Wing. This wing is based at Selfridge Air National Guard Base is southeast Michigan.

That's my guess anyway. I base my guess on the 927A that is visible on the nose of the aircraft, this is visible in the photo with the Predator in the foreground.

Lonnie
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MMPerk; 10-02-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

The KC-135 came from Beale. It was previously from Selfridge and still had those markings on the tail.

Comment

The "state" stripe on the tail of the WA ANG tankers is (was? It's been awhile since I've seen one) green.
              Last edited by Skyracer; 10-02-2007, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Awsome, thanks guys!
                Last edited by deepsky; 10-02-2007, 11:47 AM.
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                X