My Mustang Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mustang Vacation

Got home from the Gathering of Mustang's and Legends event, and WOW what an experience. I am curious to see what the final count for the Mustangs was. I am thinking between 82-85 Mustangs. There will never be another flying event like this in our lifetime, and I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to participate in this event. For all of those who just could not attend, you will be happy to know that Stallion 51, in conjunction with some of the world's premiere aviation photographers will be producing a unique book covering this incredible event. I was on hand to to see what these photographers were capturing for this book and all I can say is that this book will be something VERY special. It will take about a year or so for the entire book to come together, but it will be well worth the wait. I would like to thank Lee Lauderback, Angela West, Lynn Freeman, KT, Paul Bowen, and Dan Patterson for all their assistance during this special weekend. Without their commitment to make this event happen, this once in a lifetime gathering would not have been possible.
    I am still decompressing from this truely special event and have finally had the chance to look over my photowork. I now offer to you all a small teaser of what I saw over the past 4 days. Please enjoy.

Dave
    Attached Files

Re: My Mustang Vacation

Ahh you beat me to the punch... Promised Wayman first crack, since it was his name that got me my seat.. will try to post a teaser of some he'll probably not be interested in asap...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Nice pics of GGIII

Wondering how they turned out and they look great!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by King
        Nice pics of GGIII

Wondering how they turned out and they look great!!!!!
        Hey King.. glad we got to finally meet!!

WHAT a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think there's ever going to be anything else like it!!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Hey King.. glad we got to finally meet!!

WHAT a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think there's ever going to be anything else like it!!

Wayne
          What amazed me, was there came a point where a mustang would be taking off and I would not turn around to see it go by.

Had a great flight home ysterday. Formation all the way home with Glacier Girl flown by Steve Hinton, mustang flown by Stevo Hinton, and La Pistolera flown by Rod Lewis.

That Stevo sticks to his dads wing like glue. Great young pilot!!!

Comment

Photos??????????
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have only downloaded the photos.

They need to be cleaned up a little.

We spent most of the time, right underneath the clowds and in the smoke. Lot's of smoke!

Comment

I was at the Gathering and was overwhelmed by the scope of the whole event. Being a Mustang fanatic, it was definitely sensory overload! Standing in line waiting for the gate to open each morning at sunrise as the B-17, B-25, and 6-8 Mustangs roared off was actually one of the highlights for me - just a taste of what was in store each day.

One question for those who were there. I had to leave a little early Sunday to get my elderly dad home at a decent time (long drive). I know they didn't do the 51 plane formation, but it seemed like they towed more than 20 to the staging area. What was the final count?

I shot 400+ pics and 2.5 hours of video. I can't wait to go through it all & relive a once in a lifetime event!

Comment

Hey King, Is the Howard 500 shot on your P-bucket page an old photo? Peas

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                    Hey King, Is the Howard 500 shot on your P-bucket page an old photo? Peas

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...rent=H-500.jpg
                    Its one of the old photos I found in our archives.

I picked it out in order to mount in a frame with the Type Certificate.

That is about as close as we will ever come to building the aircraft.

Unless someone wants to foot the bill for tooling up!

Comment

Working...
                    X