X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow in Reno

Just got home form work and had the first snow storm tonight Shawn

Re: snow in Reno

I was at a football game tonight when it started to snow. It's just nuts!!

I did get a few pics, but it will have to wait till I get some sleep.

Lonnie
    Last edited by MMPerk; 09-28-2007, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Same here, son had a football game, we froze, he froze, then it all stopped and is quite nice out now. Got to love Reno.

Comment

Question for the locals: How many times, if ever, has it snowed during the races? Dates? How much? Just wondering, cuz we get lots of the white stuff way up here in Canada - lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mustang5151
          Question for the locals: How many times, if ever, has it snowed during the races? Dates? How much? Just wondering, cuz we get lots of the white stuff way up here in Canada - lol!!!
          The last time that I remember was just about 3 years ago, maybe 4, I think. The weather was a little nutty, and I do believe there was snow on the back side of the corse.

This was the earliest snow reported at KRNO since 1982, but Stead is a different animal. It'll snow out there before it does here in town, if it does here in town. I've left Stead when it was snowing and come down the hill into Reno and it was just cloudy with snow around.

Lonnie

Well...I'm still having trouble with the direct linking to my photos...so here are a couple of low res shots. To see higher resolution photos, follow the link...and we still talked about air racing...

Attached Files
          Last edited by MMPerk; 09-29-2007, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I was on my computer and looked out and said "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" I love snow though. The only negative is I need to get my snows on.

Comment

sunday 1978

Comment

[QUOTE=MMPerk]The last time that I remember was just about 3 years ago, maybe 4, I think. The weather was a little nutty, and I do believe there was snow on the back side of the corse.

If I remember correctly, there was strong WIND and snow on the back side of the course for the Unlimited Gold in 2004. The canopy was fogging up in Dago making it difficult for Skip to see the pylons. Skip was charged with a pylon cut giving John Penney in the Bear the win.
                I felt the race should have been delayed, and run a little later when conditions were better. Of course, that is hind sight.

Comment

I remember snow in '84 or '85 early in the week during qualifying. Adjusting valves with blue fingers and snow blowing in your ears was less than fun, not to mention pouring(?) Grade 120 oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X