Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gathering of Mustangs and Legends - Amazing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering of Mustangs and Legends - Amazing!

When I first heard about the GML.. I really didn't want to let myself get excited about going.. couldn't afford it and knew I'd be worn out from RENO and really didn't want to go..

Jimmy Leeward said to me "you really can't NOT go" so I booked a flight... wound up being able to share room and car costs with Paintboy and it made it "affordable" but I really expected little..

The weather since arriving here on Tuesday evening did little to sway my lack of positive energy at all this..

Well.. after walking the ramp wednesday night and then again tonight.. it's become like being at an orgy.. just when you think you can't possibly get excited again, three or six beautiful women enter the room and you become completely enthralled once again..

It just never seemed to end today!!!

It's after 2:00 AM here, have a 5:30AM wakeiewakie coming up.... spent the last hour cleaning up the SPAM memberships and validating all the new membrer posts on the board.. I only have time for three random picks from what I shot today..

More Mustangs and other warbirds due Friday.. I think we have THREE P-38's already and one more possible.. the Lancaster... I'm simply at a loss for words or list of what's here.. it'd be easier to say what's NOT here..

!!

We've had absolutely abysmal weather until late today.. I think it's clear right now and expected to stay this way through the weekend..

If you're not here..

You're never going to forgive yourself. At last (rough) count, there are over 70 P-51's here as well as NUMEROUS other very rare airplanes!

My GOD. it is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also like a RENO reunion.. SO many folks we just saw a week ago!!

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Gathering of Mustangs and Legends - Amazing!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    If you're not here..

You're never going to forgive yourself. At last (rough) count, there are over 70 P-51's here as well as NUMEROUS other very rare airplanes!

Wanted to go...Uncle Sam had other plans for me. Missed the one in '99 for similar reasons.

My only hope is that this one goes well enough that it is repeated again in the future.
    Last edited by Randy Haskin; 09-28-2007, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I tried to convince my wife (more my self) I could make the trip up to Ohio for this. But just couldnt get that somethings not right feeling out of my gut.

Wyane,

I hope you get finger cramps from shooting so many pics, and can share them with us, Especially of the mass fly by, and the 4 P-38s together. Proly one of the very last times you will get that chance again.

Have fun yall!
      and may your finger cramps fi ialy go away on Monday!

Wolfee

Comment

Thanks Wayne...Now I really feel like crap. Friday, at work, tired, wishing I was there.

Comment

I have a life.....I have a life....Thats good right?

Comment

If you're not here..

Wayne

Thanks a lot.. Stuck here in CA. I can only dream about it and you rub my nose in it... Have a ball and post pics. Thats as good as it will get for the rest of us. Thanks for your up dates Wayne.
            Cheers

Comment

Glad to hear you're having fun Mr Wayners - enjoy my friend

for me - well, extremely happy to not be in attendance... and we'll leave it at that
              Last edited by Pylon1_Mark; 09-28-2007, 10:15 AM.
              Mark K....

Comment

Sisters Terry, Cathy and Joey are among you as we speak little brother............

Comment

I'm here. It's everything Wayne said....times 100!!!!!

So many Mustangs, so many, oh so many. The Lancaster flying the pattern with two B-25's, a P-38, an Air Cobra (or was it a King Cobra), and about twelve Mustangs....oh yeah, I forgot to mention the B-17...and I think it was more like fifteen Mustangs.
                  With so many aircraft taking off and landing, it was hard to keep track.
                  Every Mustang you have ever seen a picture of in a magazine...it's here!
                  There were new arrivals all day...Princess Elizabeth has to be my favorite. I think it's the pilots favorite too because it seemed to flying ALL day. Sorry you guys, but this is awesome...beyond words. Have to get some rest now, I have TWO MORE days of this!
                  But don't worry, I have never seen so many cameras, ever...and most with BIG BIG lenses.
                  ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Here's what I have to say about all this info........................................
                    @#&%# #@$%@@ &%$@#$#@# &%$#@ %@#$ @#$#!
                    Just kidding!
                    Cover it well Wayne look foward as always to seeing some pics when you get back.Now don't be telling us all stay homers how god it really is.We can only kick ourselves so hard some many times.

P.S.
                    Look foward to some Victor shots too!

Brian

Comment

It is absoluty amazing, as Wayne said. I'm curently at the "Legends" Auction and at last count there were 85 Mustangs here. I flew up in Cloud Dancer with my dad while Jimmy flew formation with us in Lady B. We got in at about 11 and was amazed by the mass of metal on the ramp. My dad and I went up in with Ed Lindsay and his beautiful Cavalire Mustang this evening. The pictures I took should be up by tonight. I got some great A2A.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                        Wanted to go...Uncle Sam had other plans for me. Missed the one in '99 for similar reasons.

My only hope is that this one goes well enough that it is repeated again in the future.
                        Randy,

Extremy proud that you do what you do, makes all of us grateful! (don't know if you guys know that or are told that often enough!)

The "Mustang" part might be easy enough to recreate someday down the road, the "Legends" part, probably somewhat harder.. That you current combat milatary sticks can't come and talk with the guys who laid the groundwork is really a sad thing!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

All thats interested.mustangsmustangs.com has all the pictures plus pilots,plane names & serial numbers. Look under Gatherings of Mustangs & Legends.
                          Lockheed Bob

Comment

Well.. after walking the ramp wednesday night and then again tonight.. it's become like being at an orgy.. just when you think you can't possibly get excited again, three or six beautiful women enter the room and you become completely enthralled once again..

Wayne

REALLY?!!? And how many orgies have you attended?!
                            Tell us more! LOL! ;c{P>

I should have been there at the Gathering......I tried hard to convince myself to go. I'm not working this weekend so I could have gone. But there in lies the problem....no work = no income. AAAARG!
                            I know I will regret not attending for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                            X