Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA SEASON!!!!

WAYNE;

SEEMS THE NO SEE EM BUGS WHERE BITING EVERYBODY.
    I'M STILL IN RECOVERY.

VIEWED YOUR SITE A BIT BEFORE RCAR. HAS THE THOUGHT

POLICE RUN ALL THE FREE AGENTS OFF??????

THOUGHT THE DAGO AND 232 EFFORTS WERE ASSUME!!!!!!!!

THE DOC

Thought police

Well since you mention it DOC, it is intimidating to think about posting when you are warned that posting information disagreeable to the board will get you removed, whether it is factual or not! seemed a little hitlerian in concept to me. So I hope the management will open its policy up a little to allow the factual critique as required in the future. The policy as described tends to rob this site of credibility, and tends to rob the fans of Air Racing of the true story. Quite a few people were hit by rocks this year that will never get their story told.
    John Slack

Comment

Kinda hard to have a discussion without taking up a contrary position.
      Reminds me of a certain Monty Python bit.
      "I came here for an argument"

Don Dull

Comment

"No you didn't..."

Comment

Re: Thought police

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Well since you mention it DOC, it is intimidating to think about posting when you are warned that posting information disagreeable to the board will get you removed, whether it is factual or not! seemed a little hitlerian in concept to me. So I hope the management will open its policy up a little to allow the factual critique as required in the future. The policy as described tends to rob this site of credibility, and tends to rob the fans of Air Racing of the true story. Quite a few people were hit by rocks this year that will never get their story told.
          John Slack
          Well John, I'm sorry you feel that way, certainly you can feel free to post most anything you want here. The stuff I 'knee jerked' at was pretty touchy stuff that I'd have had RARA beating my ass for if I'd have not done something about..

The post that I think you are referring to involved something someone "in the know" chose to post about your dad and it was not at all nice. I removed it and will continue to remove that sort of message, particularly when the poster does not have the courage to actually register or post under a real name.. Pretty easy to say that Lyle Shelton is this sort of bad person or that when the poster is "unregistered" and no name signed to the post.

I said I would not allow that sort of thing and I stand on that. If some of you choose to call that "thought police" then I be one. But on this board, nobody will say anything bad about public figures while hiding behind a "no name" post.

Reg on the board, sign your name and throw your arrows and I'll simply send the offended party to whomever posts the "information" and they can settle their differences, post under an assumed name or no name and you'll have to be nice..

Racers can be pretty nasty on each other at times and I'll never stand in the way of ligit racers throwing bullcrap at each other.. someone who says they were a part of a team once and therefore they "know the real score" and then posts a message that defames someone like Lyle, I'll just not tolerate it.. period..

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Air Racers Only Section

The policy as described tends to rob this site of credibility, and tends to rob the fans of Air Racing of the true story. Quite a few people were hit by rocks this year that will never get their story told.
            If we were to put up a "racers only" section for you to post your thoughts without interference, would you be willing to register?

Would all of you be willing to sign a statement not holding us liable for what you say there? Are you willing to take responsibility for what you say, like we may have to if someone slaps us with litigation?

In other words, to put your names with your thoughts. Only verifiable racers would be allowed in the section, and that verification and board monitoring would be conducted only by Mr. Sagar and no one else at AAFO. Your privacy would be protected. You could post whatever you want, and Mr. Sagar wouldn't intefere...it's between you racers to settle, whether it be with words, fists, monkey wrenches, knives, guns, aerial strafing or A-bombs.

You could dance from opposite ends of the Stead ramp at each other like a choreographed gang fight out of West Side Story, and no one would get in your way...not even the management here?

In other words, out of all the people who would read your board, beyond yourselves, only Mr. Sagar would know your true identities. As long as everyone on the racers' board knows whom the other racer is, or at a minimum, that he has been verified as a legitimate racer by Mr. Sagar -- not some troll coming up to make trouble as "unregistered" -- would you have any problem then, with registering?

You could still post as Bryno, Sparrow, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Sleepy, whomever you want, as long as Mr. Sagar can verify with your team your real name and that you belong to them?

The fans would be able to observe your posts, and discuss it on their own boards, but would not be able to post on your board and interfere with your discussions or chase you off your board, as has happened in the past.

There would be no "anons" or "unregistereds" to blow your credibility...as so many are when they claim to be a "team member," which they patently are not, and then put out lies and cause these disruptions in your communications.

And if you have a section in which you get to speak freely, and put your names with what you have to say, how would it be possible for us to have OUR credibility blown!? A "hands off the racers" policy. Period.

If you want to blast Lyle, you can blast Lyle, but Lyle can come up here and blast you all back...if he chooses. Or perhaps, you should just limit your discussion to those of you who register...maybe Lyle doesn't want to come up on our message board...that's his right, but how much right should a person have to criticize another who's not a member of YOUR board?

Or what the hell!? You blast Lyle, and being a US Navy golden gloves type, he finds you and busts a few of your ribs, or your nose, or your jaw...

...as long as he ain't beatin' on my head, I don't give a flying ****! (Which means, be careful what you wish, boys and girls, because you might get it -- figuratively and literally speaking!)

Because, after all, it would be your board. Mr. Sagar's only duty would be to protect you from non-racers, hacker trolls, and just plain hackers. How hard could that be?

You can post your responses here, or send them to Mr. Sagar for his evaluation. Myself, I think the proposal is long overdue for implementation.

One other question -- those legitimate racers who have been chased off the board by "the mob," like Sparrow and Bryno -- good guys in my book; I just saw Sparrow the other day, working post-race on Strega and handing out free T-shirts to racers that dropped by -- if such a section were to exist, could we expect their return?

Those are two guys (of many) whose opinions the fans need(ed) to listen to without interjecting their own thoughts...they need to hear these guys out first...

Then they (those fans) can post what they want over on the other board, where we CAN act like Air Race Nazis and Pylon Gestapo or some four-lettered "Air Racing" organization who shall go unnamed, and have our evil ways with them that's left!

A fair trade I think...

"Feed Me, Seymour!"

-- The Meat Eating Space Alien Plant from "Little Shop of Horrors"

Comment

I agree....

Wayne and AAFO Crew, I am with you on this....I believe that people who post unregistered "squaks" need their back ends re-arranged......I believe that "You gotta stand for something, or you will fall for anything." and I think Mr. Sagar should/will stand up for an arena that is his business to stand up for....too many lawyers making enough money from normal businessmen over BS as it is... Probably enough to put a 'stang in a race at Reno! If you can't put your name on your post...don't post!!!

Discussion is one thing but come on guys, let's discuss things on a professional manor.

Signed,

Not unregistered.
              Randy Rheinschild
              www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Interesting Note

You know, I forgot to mention one thing -- discussion of one's "laundry," might not be too appealing to potential sponsors. I say think twice about that, but that's just my opinion, and "opinions are like assholes -- everybody's got one."

Yanking each other's chains, on the other hand, that's just plain fun. I say go for that.

I'm not going to be on that racer's board in any capacity...I'm not a racer...you racers got to decide if you want such a board, and how you would want to conduct yourselves on it.

I got friends and people I admire on both (opposite) sides of the same issues...whether it be how to run a race, how to build an engine, how to prep a racer, who should be flying, who shouldn't, whether it's responsible to show your titties from the cockpit of an airplane in broad (no pun intended) daylight, when children are present, etc., etc., etc.

I don't like being in the middle...except for that titties issue, if you get my drift...but I'm also tired of people outside of AAFO.COM having any influence over what I personally have to say as a journalist. To the point I'm being threatened over it, and so are my friends.

To the point I'm being unjustly criticized, without any thought given to the thought that I'M giving to the bigger picture -- Air Racing, and not the micromanagement of teams, labor relations, who gets their picture taken in who's air racing gear or not, who's ass I got to kiss to get a story, who's ass I got to kiss to get press credentials, whether or not I'm a spy for someone I talk to on the ramp, who's competant, who's incompetant, whether or not I should "bathe" and how fast should I really be going in my truck around the hangar corner to get my story, etc., etc., etc.

Folks, if I wanted this type of bull****, I'd have stayed married and in the ****in' military...

So, you all decide...it's your sport...

In the end, I'm just an observer who only knows what he observes, and sometimes is told to be true -- or false.

I can make the worst loser the greatest hero in the history of The World's Fastest Motorsport. That's how I write. But it won't be me seen taking winners and champions, and making losers out of them. I'll be damned if I do that!

Real losers can only do that for themselves. Like Lady Luck, I'd rather turn my head away when they do.

Comment

Real names only

You need to do what the other forum I follow does. If you don't register using your real name, and post using your real name, you don't post, period. The drag racing forum for Stock and Superstock had this problem. Now everybody knows who is posting what. There still are some posts that stir the pot quite a bit, but we all know who the party was that posted.

Comment

Wayne,
                    I for one was not refering to any particular post regarding my dad that I did not see, I was refering to what I thought was a close minded statement by someone, that stated the facts would not be allowed on the board if they did not agree with what That person percieved as the truth. Every time I have posted on this or any other board where I have stated any opinion of mine, or what I percieved to be the facts I have ALWAYS signed my name to it. I do not throw darts in the dark. Do I think it wise or good for the sport to have a seperate "board of litigation" no I do not I believe that if the people in this sport have a problem with one another they need to deal with it in the privacy of their own personal communications. Do I think it wise for me to complain about not getting the dirt out? no that is not what the complaint was about. Whatever politics you may have thought I was complaining about you have mistaken the intent of the post. I was not refering to anything regarding my dad or the Bearcat's team I do not post regarding anything publicly that would criticize that operation. I dont believe it is constructive to the team. I was not posting regarding anything that concerned ANY particular team. I made a general statement, not one requiring the kind of reading between the lines that has apparently occured. You have my E-mail address Wayne, drop me a line if you think you are having to read too far between the lines.
                    John Slack

Comment

Not You John

John,
                      Sorry, I did not mean you John. I know you posted your name afterwards for ID...I was talking of the others who just rant and rave and wont ID themselves...

Rhino Jr.
                      Randy Rheinschild
                      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

unregistered

I agree with the post above (a couple spaces...). If you have something to say, right or wrong, fact or fiction, you should have to identify yourself. You have an opinion and are afraid to post a name, even an alias, then you have 0 credibility. Some of my statements may be innaccurate, missspelled or just plain bonehead. Not on purpose and not with malice beyond a little ribbing. I for one will not post, on any site, something I am too chicken to put my name to. Make us all register Wayne, some people are taking advantage of the nice side.

Leo Smiley
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                        X