You Tube Videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube Videos

While checking out Kevin's great Sport Lap Video (thanks Kevin!) I stumbled across this video...WOW.

First off did this guy dig a hole and live in it?
    Second, MAN Jimmy is low!
    ~Jim
    Last edited by glider90; 09-22-2007, 05:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: You Tube Videos

That's wonderful! I can't imagine being there during a race - I wonder if the guy got shooed away from this spot?

Comment

Old footage from the front straight near the guide pylon between 3 and 4. Can't get out there anymore because too many idiots abused the privilege, snorting around on dirt bikes during the races attracting the attention of insurance underwriters. That side of the course was blocked of in 1989. Note the first pass is Miss Merced.

Everyone gets low there as its the highest terrain on the course.

There is nothing like having 8 planes coming down the chute at 500 plus going full bore less than 50 feet over your head. Makes my hair stand on end just thinking about it all these years later.

God I miss that side of the course.
      Last edited by Bill@Interstell; 09-25-2007, 12:00 AM.
      Bill Garnett
      InterstellarDust
      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by Bill@Interstell
        Old footage from the front straight near the guide pylon between 3 and 4. Can't get out there anymore because too many idiots abused the privilege, snorting around on dirt bikes during the races attracting the attention of insurance underwriters. That side of the course was blocked of in 1989. Note the first pass is Miss Merced.

Everyone gets low there as its the highest terrain on the course.

There is nothing like having 8 planes coming down the chute at 500 plus going full bore less than 50 feet over your head. Makes my hair stand on end just thinking about it all these years later.

God I miss that side of the course.
        I grew up seeing the races from that vantage point. I have very fond memories of my dad and I 4 wheeling there from Sun Valley.

Seeing the planes comming at you dead nuts strait on always gives you that gut feeling to hit the deck. Then the prop wash and mist/oil and fumes would hit you.

Yeah I miss it too.

Comment

This one popped up on the side-bar.
          Classic. Wish all these planes were still here.

Comment

Working...
          X