HERATIGE RACING.... who knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HERATIGE RACING.... who knew

Quoted from tex-fan and d wells thread (im too nfg to learn how too cut and paste something "" "" from another post.... but its your idea!

Okay tex-fan..... good idea (see recent HERATIGE POST BY TEX-FAN)

even tho the jet racing "thing" is unsettled, A NEW TWIST as per other posters TexFan..... I (we) maybe should get the momemtum going about heratige class racing and fly bys

Value Marketing points that rara should capitalize on to turn a buck
    1. Were all getting older and the planes too
    2. Huge market for "graying set of spectators"
    3. Heratige "deal" at air shows very popular
    4. I miss the caf show @ reno

Tex ... you need to sell the idea of a short heratige package, that lets the old iron strut their stuff (get the crowd involved) including the fly bys

Hay tex fan.... run with this idea...

Bmarsh

Re: HERATIGE RACING.... who knew

I like it. It would be a cool feature for the races.

Will

Comment

IIRC, this type of idea was done at the Phoenix 500 Air Races (the second year, I think). It's the only time I've seen a P-47 fly.

I liked it, though it seemed to be strictly a parade.

Phoenix had a Helicopter race class, too, which I also liked.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris
        IIRC, this type of idea was done at the Phoenix 500 Air Races (the second year, I think). It's the only time I've seen a P-47 fly.

I liked it, though it seemed to be strictly a parade.

Phoenix had a Helicopter race class, too, which I also liked.
        Yes - Phoenix 95... the P47 was cool - and so were the Mk9 and Mk14 Spitfires
        A "Heritage Race" is a good idea... liked it back then, still like the idea now.
        Mark K....

Comment

Well Mr. Wells.... looks like this board aint to hot on heritage racing.... gee with all the interest in famoso / bakersfield fulers, scca old can am, various vintage racing / shows like laguna seca aint all that jazz.

seems the old days with the caf get a big yawn.... ok...

vintage BMarsh

btw.... the greer black perdhome aa-fuler gets my biggest woodie

btw... check out <we did if for love . com> 50 billion nitro pictures

Comment

I've spent hours pouring over http://www.wediditforlove.com. Way cool! I still want to make it to Monterey one of these years and watch the Can-Am and SCCA cars run. Bakersfield would be fun too for the "Cackle- Fest".
            "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Mr. Marsh, I think it may be a little difficult to understand. MOST of these babies won't be around in 10 years or so, Race 3350's will go the way that Mouse Merlins have Already gone, Fast Allisons are a thing of the past, and 2800's only go Fast in Small 'frames like the YAK. What we'll end up seeing is Speeds from the Silver down. The result will be "Vintage Air Racing" in Heritage Airplanes, flying around the Pylons at "Conservation" speeds, Preserving the Legends of Aviation.
              Maybe you could try posting the pm I sent you, just for fun...D.

Comment

Mr. Wells and et al

Hell, ive been waiting since the mid / late 70's for this reno happening to go belly up. But it just "keeps going and going and going"

So.... like the rest of us.... we "keep enjoying and enjoying"

Some of us paranoid racers and watchers can spew why rara is to expensive and this and that.... but for me , 35 years of watching a little miracle happing in the corner of Nevada..... well, when the fat lady sings, so be it..... but i got is on tape!

Comment

Mr. Marsh (et all), It's been the fans like you, me, et all, that's been keeping the thing Alive, it just won't go away if we just keep on comin'. But it takes Us to TRY to let RARA know what we want to see, they've been at it as long as we have and have done the best they can. The Jets will just get going Faster and Faster on a course that can't hold them.
                  The Course is as big as it can physically be, the price of Gold Unlimiteds is going astronomical due to the attrition of parts, the cost of Fabricating (and testing) New Parts, and value of Historic Aircraft. Our "Thought" of Heritage Air Racing is a way to see Historic aircraft compete within the parameters of the performance they were designed to attain, and let US, the Fans decide the Winners, by voting in a Peoples Choice forum. Any New Format will ultimately be up to RARA and the Officials of the Individual Classes, BUT it will be US, et all, who buy tickets at the gate, who will determine the Fate of Air Racing at Reno...D.

Comment

Mr. Wells ... you are pushing my buttons. The green ones.

When i have time, i will e-you you privately.

Your spot on, but the momentum and packaging of this idea is very critical for it (war birds future) to move forward.

The good and bad of all of this in a soup mix of marketing, insurance, RaRa, fan base (the old and the NEW potential fan base) and all the other stuff.

Thanks for your "visions"

BMarsh

Comment

Working...
                    X