X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts...

Hello to all,

Just wanted to say HI and THANKS to everyone

I've been a little lax with the updates, and I have to confess...not too many Unlimited Gold pictures to share. Once the racers were up, I almost forgot I held a camera in my hand. Between watching John Penney and the 'Bear' out on the course, and watching the 'Bear' crew next to us...well, taking pictures just didn't cross my mind...NOT

I raise a toast to everyone that comes to Reno for the races.

To the owners and their aircraft, their brave pilots and their hard working crews and families...in some cases they are the one and the same. The men and women that come here to race are a special breed and I hope that they are as big an inspiration to you as they are to me.

To the performers that come and leave us breathless and in awe of their gravity defying feats, and some not so gravity defying feats. You are all great and thank you for being here. You inspire me to reach beyond my grasp, to set the bar a little higher, and to believe that I can do anything...well...almost anything. I think that flying to the moon is still a little beyond my reach.

To the sponsors that bring not only money to the races, but also some of the latest in aviation technologies and innovation.

A special thanks to the all that come for the National Aviation Heritage Invitational. I didn't vote...impossible to pick just one...you are all winners in my book. Thanks for keeping the past alive for us all.

And to us...the fans. Some of you travel from far and wide to be here, and you have been coming here for many years. A big and special WELCOME the new fans. New fans are important to the future of air racing...you are the future of air racing.

On a more personal note...

I wept as we lost three brave pilots and I cried with joy as others set new records and one team completed its long journey back to championship form.

On Monday after the races I ventured back out to Stead for a short visit and to say bye to some new friends. I shared some of these inner thoughts with someone and their response to me. 'Welcome to air racing. Are you ready?'

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Lonnie

PS: I almost forgot the link...follow at your own risk. I'm updating for all classes, and will be working on it throughout the weekend and the days to follow. I dedicate my time and effort to one all.

Last edited by MMPerk; 09-22-2007, 11:54 AM.

Re: My thoughts...

Lonnie.. you drive truck, you're a hell of a writer and photographer. You may have missed your calling..

You too could be a starving artist

Seriously though, you do write awfully well!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I agree with Wayne - you have missed your calling. I got teary reading your post. I'm sure we passed many times over the week, and hopefully I'll be able to put a face to the name next year
      Rachel

Comment

Thanks to all...

I want to send out a special thanks to all. Your e-mails and kind words have been very moving.

I've been working on the galleries at PBase, and they are slowly coming together.

And I must thank Wayne, but I don't want to be a starving artist. I like being a well fed truck driver...lol

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
        X