Reno Heritage flight, question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Heritage flight, question?

Found this video on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRgXvVMO43U , it's a P-38, A-1 & F-16, I recognized Steve Hinton getting out of Glacier Girl, but who was the gentleman [who proudly said he was 73 years old] getting out of the Skyraider. P.S. if you haven't seen the video it's well worth watching!

Re: Reno Heritage flight, question?

We are all getting older "the graying of america"
    the planes too

a recent poster suggested (i think) a heratige class of racing
    Gold Silver Bronze Heratige ..... 4 classes of racing !!!!!!! OK

NOW
    Who Knew........ 3 classes of competative racing
    and
    the knock your socks of.... golden oldies racing too

IMAGINE p38s, p51a, b25s, f3f, p39 /63, p40, rr powered 109s, tbm, sbd, f7 et all!!!!!!

i know that CAF left along time ago..... so maybe this is a cool deal with "priceless" iron returing.

Bmarsh

Comment

I haven't seen the vidieo yet but Bill Anders was flying the Skyraider.

Comment

What I said was "Vintage", but "Heritage" sounds better...No speed restriction, points awarded for technical originality, race performance, and finally, Peoples Choice. I'd like to see what the ex-Museum of Flying's all-original Bf-109E-3 would do against a P-40B or how many points the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum's P-61 might muster. Maybe the competition could be between Air Museums...D.

Comment

Mr. wells and tex-fan

i have always missed the caf at reno, if you dont mind if i hijack ths idea and start a new thread about "heratige fly bys and heratige class racing .

BMarsh

Comment

Re: Reno Heritage flight, Bill Anders was flying the skyraider

A really nice gentleman....I had the honor of helping him "saddle up" for one of his flights.

Comment

Working...
            X