Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pilots have announced retirement from racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pilots have announced retirement from racing?

I have heard and/or read that several pilots have announced their retirement from racing at Reno. Can someone verify that the following list of retirements is accurate?

1) Ron Buccarrelli
    2) Tom Dwelle
    3) Mike Brown
    4) Bob Button

Also, anyone else to add to the list?

Re: Which pilots have announced retirement from racing?

Didn't Tiger announce his retirement a few years back.......and he's racing..........not to be outspoken......but perhaps some of these gentlemen may have a change of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub
      Didn't Tiger announce his retirement a few years back.......and he's racing..........not to be outspoken......but perhaps some of these gentlemen may have a change of heart.
      Yes, true, but I was looking for ones that announced their retirement since Reno '07.

Comment

Originally posted by dvddude
        Yes, true, but I was looking for ones that announced their retirement since Reno '07.
        Why???
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          Why???
          Just information, just curious. I've been going to Reno for many years, and I was wondering which pilots I might not ever see race again.

Is this a sensitive question?

Comment

If my information is correct... Bob Button is not retiring from air racing. He is just going to hire a pilot to race Voodoo next year. And so far it sounds like Mike Brown retiring is just heresay. Correct me if I am wrong.
            Last edited by DWYER; 09-21-2007, 07:02 PM.
            My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER
              If my information is correct... Bob Button is not retiring from air racing. He is just going to hire a pilot to race Voodoo next year. Correct me if I am wrong.
              But, is Bob retiring from doing the actual flying of a race pilot?

Comment

Is this a sensitive question?
                Not really... but based on your post level (few) your user name (dvddude) and the directness of your question..

I was just wondering if there was a hidden agenda in the emphisis on this year?

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  Not really... but based on your post level (few) your user name (dvddude) and the directness of your question..

I was just wondering if there was a hidden agenda in the emphisis on this year?

Wayne
                  Oh, no, Wayne, no hidden agenda at all. I've actually been lurking on this website for a long time, I think about 98 or 99 or so when your website seemed to concentrate on aviation in the Seattle or Northwest U.S. area. I believe that was before this forum was started. I've been following Reno racing since the 70's and am trying to keep all of my info up to date. Since I've been lurking on this forum since it started, I already know who has retired from racing in years past. I just wanted to know the latest, so I know who to expect to see or not see for next year. That's all!

As regards to my name, I dabble in video editing and dvd making. I'm not a pro, just an amateur. I have many Reno's on videotape that I shot from the 90's all the way to present. If there's enough interest I could post some of them in the future. It may take me a while, though, as I have 100's of videotapes from past airshows, including Reno.

It's just that there's a lot of rumor out there, with (seemingly) no official confirmation.

If air racing pilot retirements is a something I shouldn't be asking about, then I apologize and feel free to lock this thread.

Comment

If air racing pilot retirements is a something I shouldn't be asking about, then I apologize and feel free to lock this thread.
                    LOL! thats funny!
                    But I can see where Wayne is coming from.

Jarrod

Comment

No, not at all... just being careful, trying to ensure that no one, who might want to extract anything sensational about retirements "this year", has an easy time doing it here...

It was a rough year... I'm sure mainstream media, as well as others, will place undue relevance on things not related to the bad times..

Carry on folks.. nothing here to see..

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

There's a video interview on the VooDoo web site where Bob explains the future of the team and it sounds like the future is bright for VooDoo.

Sky Critter

Comment

Waiting for the posting of the entrants (planes and pilots) is part of the excitement of the NCAR every year. Like waiting for the birth of your first baby, and not knowing its' sex until it is delivered. The build up and anticipation are part of the game. You welcome it , no matter which way it turns out. If you really want a peek into next Sept., check out PRS in June, when it's always a preview of new and previous racers. Right now is a little early for Silly Season, IMHO.
                          Betty

Comment

If there's enough interest I could post some of them in the future. It may take me a while, though, as I have 100's of videotapes from past airshows, including Reno.

Hey dvddude, I have a request for you or anyone else who might have some footage from the 2000 Reno races. In particular, I'm looking for the Thursday "Gold" heat from that year, which was a great race between Ridge Runner III and Miss America. Any chance you might have that one? I'd be glad to pay for any costs required to burn me a DVD. Please let me know.

Thanks!

SA

Comment

Originally posted by Smee Again
                              Hey dvddude, I have a request for you or anyone else who might have some footage from the 2000 Reno races. In particular, I'm looking for the Thursday "Gold" heat from that year, which was a great race between Ridge Runner III and Miss America. Any chance you might have that one? I'd be glad to pay for any costs required to burn me a DVD. Please let me know.

Thanks!

SA
                              I wish I could help you out. I did attend Reno 2000, but I was only there for the Saturday and Sunday race. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                              X