Reno 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno 2008

Sorry to ask but I have tried looking, does anybody know what dates the races will be held next year? I am planning to come over for the first time and need to know I am going to be there the right week. Is there a hotel that is better to be in?

Many Thanks

Chris

Re: Reno 2008

It says the dates for next year right at the bottom of the official Reno Air Races website at http://www.airrace.org

"The 45th Annual National Championship Air Races and Air Show will be held 10 - 14 Sept 2008 at Reno Stead Field."

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

In recent years, the Grand Sierra Resort has been the choice for most crewmembers and pilots attending the races. It's located about 20 min. south of Stead field, and only about a mile away from the main Reno/Tahoe Int'l airport. Also, be sure to give yourself an extra day to spend up in Tahoe if you've never been there before. Well worth it!!

FBK

Comment

I agree with FBK! Last year, my wife and I spent a day at Tahoe... this year we rented a house in King's Beach (north end of the lake) and spent several days prior to the races exploring all Tahoe has to offer. We'll be doing that again next year as well. It's about a 45 minute drive each way to the races but we felt is was well worth it.
          Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter
            I agree with FBK! Last year, my wife and I spent a day at Tahoe... this year we rented a house in King's Beach (north end of the lake) and spent several days prior to the races exploring all Tahoe has to offer. We'll be doing that again next year as well. It's about a 45 minute drive each way to the races but we felt is was well worth it.
            If you want to score points with the better half, Tahoe it is!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Is there talk of a new class for homebuilders?

Bring back GPU racin' glory days!
              MMP1
              JW's spirit flys with the Mouse Motor Pirates
              Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

"Simplicate and Add more lightness" Bill Stout
              CBT (Come Back Thorp)
              LL (Lovely Louie)

""Take the brakes outta a taildragger and you learn to land.
              Take out the instruments and you learn to fly." MMP2

"Simplicate and Add more lightness" Bill Stout
              http://ballico-stretch.blogspot.com/

Comment

hey Chris
                Im going to do my best to get to Reno next year too! Its a bit worrying to read posts about having to fight for a seat etc and queuing from 6 am in the morning
                But I'm so hooked on these old souped up planes ive got to go see for real

Comment

We'd love to see you at the Checkered Flag Club. No Lines, No Waiting, and No one will steal Your seat...D.

Comment

How Much David ?

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                      If you want to score points with the better half, Tahoe it is!

And what if the better half is not coming with? lol After loads of procrastination and a few minor set backs....I will be attending the 2008 races!
                      Chris Uk, I wil also be coming from the UK but I will be fly my saffer flag lol

Comment

Damn! I love this forum with all its pics and stories and real gentlemanly folk!
                        I only realised reno was in September in July this year and I had already left it too late to book a holiday

I'm now wondering if someone in the UK organises a package trip maybe via some club or forum anyone know anything?

Comment

SMOKEY JOE, See my Post on "The Fence" 9/20/07. The prices come up on airrace.org in Mar or Apr '08. For '07 it was $800 for New Members $700 for Returning Members, and $200 for Daily Members. BUT, you get All That Stuff...D.

Comment

Another option is the Presidents Club (iirc) chalet; free food, drinks and some shelter from the weather if desired.

Comment

Originally posted by dclemans
                              Another option is the Presidents Club (iirc) chalet; free food, drinks and some shelter from the weather if desired.

More info please.

Thanks,
                              Eric
                              Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X