Who in the world is this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who in the world is this guy?

OK Im looking for some pictures to scan, but, until i come up with them, help me out. I always see a bearded man in a big red crane at the airport in Reno when Im there for the races. He is always chillin and talkin with the crews. And he is quite frequently changing engines, or props or whatever. And he works with anyone, not just one team. So, is this guy part of the RARA team?

I asked around this year, and I am getting a ton of blank looks. Everyone just says, WHO?

And I have pics of this guy helping out with everyone from Merlin's Magic team to Srega and the Bear. I hear he's a local Reno Contractor that simply Volunteers his crane time for free? Is that true? How cool is that?

Anyhow, if anyone has any good pictures of this guy doing some work, please share. I have old hard copy, lol, no digi's. Pretty neat if he really does volunteer for free. That stuff just looks expensive. lol

let me hear what you know. THanks,

GrassNinja

Re: Who in the world is this guy?

OK,

I talked to a couple of team members last week and they say he owns Frontier Crane. And that he volunteers crane time for free to help out and get planes back in the air. He has changed props, engines, loaded/unloaded planes, and parts. All for free. Word is that the teams he helps out give him free t-shirts and hats and stuff. How cool is that? I found a couple pics, but will have to get them scanned to load up. Anyone else know anything more?

Grass

Comment

Re: Who in the world is this guy?

Look on the Merlins Magic threads. I am pretty sure he's the guy that helped take MM apart after the Ox tank incident.

Comment

Working...
      X