Wayne and Mark: Where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne and Mark: Where were you?

I spent a part of every day I was there (From Sept 11 - 15) looking for you guys. Jim Wright said I "Just missed you" at the H-1 display one day. No one else seemed to know who you were or where you were.

I was looking forward to meeting with you guys, but I had no idea where to go.

What gives?

hear hear,
    I too kept an eye out for the AAFO crew,
    where's the dark room?

Comment

I didn't see them either

I was there tues thru friday had to leave friday night for a wedding sat. boy did they hear it, wore my new t-shirt to the blessed event.
      Back to the details I saw hide nor hair of either or any of the AAFO crew and I spent at least a half a day watching them work on the Bear during those hydrolic problems.
      There names ( Wayne and oh damn???) was on the painting the Bear crew was raffling off but that was it.

they must be the stealth media.
      Maybe they couldn't get a Press pass? I mean it was mentioned that there was some standards, not much, but some.
      ECVSteve
      E Clampus Vitus SST #1827, #1850
      Reno Fan since around "82"

Comment

"We" were there...

Personally, I was there from the previous Saturday (prior to quals) on through Monday after the races. We stay in a motorhome behind American Air Racing and are setup in the hangar there, where we do the image processing as well as hammer away at getting the results.

This year, we spent more time on the course and less time in the hangar. We did prowl the pits some of the time, mostly after the daily events.

Mark Daniels had a problem and did not attend. Mike Gallagher, Griffon Girl, Neal and Birgitta, Kraz, and myself were there all week however.

Sorry we missed ya.

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I did miss ya.

Lets get T-Shirts.

Honestly you guys did great and thinking you were moving at light speed no wonder you need fast camaras.

Well see you next year though, I know were your camping, right across the street from my spot.
          What kind of beer you guys and gals drink?
          ECVSteve

Comment

Re: I did miss ya.

Originally posted by ecvsteve
            What kind of beer you guys and gals drink?
            OP seriously, anybody who gives us beer, that is the brand we drink...

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

thats our crew

Wayne you have my attitude.
              I fear no beer!
              ECVSteve

Comment

LOL.. Steve, in reality, we don't wear T's or "advertise" who we are due to the time constraints we're under at Reno. This year was worse than usual due to some previous committments that I took on that took most of my time from Saturday before the races, right up to about Thursday when I met my busted deadlines for that project. (Nellis Air Show) <ducking from arrows shot at me by RARA for working for a "competitor">

We're far from anti-social but even as it was this year, it is almost impossible to get enough "free" time to get solid and work until everyone else goes to bed, which puts me into a sleep depravation mode where I work till zero dark thirty and then try to get up two or three hours later and work all day covering the event..

We're going to do it differently next time or, we're not going to do it at all.. It's simply too much of a drain on everyone involved to try to do Reno from Reno without enough help..

We're looking into hiring a couple "grunts" likely, they will be journalisim students from the U of N to man the computers.. we'll then tie in with them and see what we can produce in this way..

Funding is going to be the issue, as always, and we'll see what we can come up with by then..

I have to say that by Sunday, I was extremely happy that Reno was over for the year.. that is not what I like to feel on that day but for about the last three or four years, I'll admit that has been the feeling.. it's over.. now I can sleep!

Cudos go to Griffon Girl for this year's coverage! Without her tireless rounding up of results daily, we'd not have had much at all for daily coverage! She's a great asset to Air Racing and she deserves much if not most of the credit this year for our coverage!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

yes Griffongirl did well

Not only that but her personal commentary was better than the announcers we had to listen to.

and you can sign me up for moral booster and maybe even throw in a buck or two so you can eat, you didn't mention any eating so I think you outta check out a meal somewere soon, are you feeling a little churning in the mid section of your air frame buddy.

and if I now you youll be there next year with all the gear and a couple of groupies to help out and I can't wait.
                  ECVSteve

Comment

Groupie

OP, I'll make note of that
                    then find out what it is, I can deliver
                    I can also run lunch, dinner, boy scout breakfast, anything
                    I think this crew deserves some service

Comment

Steve.

when it comes to beer, dont get in a Clampers way. They know beer! They know sleep deprovision. But I didnt think they knew any thing about food. hehe

Wayne if Steve is offering a beer......Take it. But watch out after about a case he will have you convinced to go up to Virgina city with him next summer. hehe

ECV Steve. Clampers all the way.

Wolfee

Comment

Wayne,

Thanks for the great coverage of this years races. I think you all did a fine job. I kept a close watch on this site right up till I left for Reno Wed. night. My biggest mistake was not taking my laptop so I could continue to monitor the site while I was there. I will remember to take it next year to get the latest info.

Of course I will have to sell it if my luck at the crap tables is the same as this year.....

Kevin

Comment

Re: &quot;We&quot; were there...

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                          Personally, I was there from the previous Saturday (prior to quals) on through Monday after the races. We stay in a motorhome behind American Air Racing and are setup in the hangar there...

...Sorry we missed ya.

Well, It was not from a lack of trying that I missed you. Maybe next year, you can tell me where you will be so we can at least shake hands and say hello.

Glenn

Comment

Thanks, AAFO, for the 'only' results from Reno

Wayne and others.....

Thanks for the timely reports. They were brief and to the point.

I was feeling the same way by the end of the week--glad to see it over.

The 'problem' you mentioned is an extension of a dialogue we started before the Reno event started. Nothing new, nothing better, shouldn't happen.

Len
                            Len_Ashburn@Prodigy.Net

Comment

I can vouch for Wayne

I can vouch for Wayne, not only did I see him in Reno, I saw him *twice*. Of course, it wasn't for long, and he did look like he needed a nap! Or a beer.

Jeff Lo
                              Biplane Race #6
                              "Miss Dianne"
                              Jeff Lo
                              Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
                              Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Working...
                              X