Thread editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread editing?

Wayne, what is the process if I want to edit or delete a post or thread that I've posted?
    John Slack

Re: Thread editing?

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
    Wayne, what is the process if I want to edit or delete a post or thread that I've posted?
    Depends on how long ago you wrote it.. PM me

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The time delay is a good thing, as it helps preserve the flow of the topic (I've seen some people change their posts completely after a day or two, screwing up the continuity of the discussion).

But is there any way to bump the editing period up from 30 minutes to a full hour?

Sometimes I proofread and make corrections to lengthy posts several times, but on occasion get blocked from completing my text corrections or photo editing by the time limit. I have more than a few posts with un-corrected typos or mis-spellings because of this.

I don't know why, but sometimes I simply do not see typos until after the text is posted and appears on my screen in it's final form in the forum. The smaller window we have to type our posts in doesn't always reveal them to me, for some odd reason I cannot explain. Other times after reading the submitted text, I find that I need to re-word a paragraph differently to prevent mis-understandings or mis-quotes.

60 miniutes will preserve the function of the time limit for editing, yet allow enough time for sufficent proof-reading and editing

Comment

I reset it to 90 minutes but set the "edited by" thing to 00 seconds... so if someone edits a post it will show as edited.

Is that fair?

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          I reset it to 90 minutes but set the "edited by" thing to 00 seconds... so if someone edits a post it will show as edited.

Is that fair?

Wayne
          Sounds plenty fair to me. That's how 95% of the forums I frequent are set up.

Comment

Couldn't be better. Much thanks Wayne.

Comment

Working...
            X