Reno Had No Fury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Had No Fury?

Ok folks, I’m actually a die hard Merlin fan. (Yeah, I know,...)Win lose, and lose…or draw. And congrats to the Bear and John for another great win, again and again…….But just out of curiosity does anyone know, was Sept. Fury ailing? I know there are no guarantees in the weather or airplane races but she seemed very sluggish? Why wasn’t that HP there? Thought she was in top form during qualifying??
    What part of 'Air Race FAN-atic' do you not understand?
    Like the chips - You can't attend just one!

Re: Reno Had No Fury?

I'm certainly no expert, but SF sounded pretty darn good to me during Saturday's race. In fact, I had been thinking that 232 would have to have a serious problem in order for anyone else to have a chance. Obviously The Bear pulled out some hidden horses and didn't need any additional help getting in front.

In the words of Yogi Berra "It ain't over til it's over!!"

FBK

Comment

Heres a few Hawker Pics for you folks. I apologize as I am not a pro pix shooter these were taken prior to '06 The camera is a no focus digital that I have had for years. If you want the folder I will zip it and email it to individuals email me at oldfox364@sbcglobal.net , subj , Hawker
      Attached Files

Comment

I think i really liked the old greenish paint job. Call me crazy.

My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

I was on the fence on Saturday and Sep Fury was incredible. MB flies an awesome line and that plane was SCREAMING. It was the first time I actually questioned the ability of the bear to pass him. I think what we saw on Sunday was what I have been trying to convince some poeple of for awhile. The bearcat is a faster airframe, period. And Sep Fury did have some engine hicccups

Comment

MB will be back.... and beat the Bear. you'll see.
            Cheers

Comment

MB had a little more than a hiccup on Sunday. Whatever went wrong he had enough exhaust heat to burn the paint off the right side. Maybe an ADI problem?? I'm a Bear fan, but have to admit September Fury was not 100 percent right on Sunday. I don't think the jury will be in for quite a while on the Bear vs. Sept Fury.
              Last edited by ignomini; 09-21-2007, 03:15 PM.
              No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
              http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
                MB had a little more than a hiccup on Sunday. Whatever went wrong he had enough exhaust heat to burn the paint off the right side. Maybe an ADI problem?? I'm a Bear fan, but have to admit September Fury was not 100 percent right on Sunday. I don't think the jury will be in for quite a while on the Bear vs. Sept Fury.
                When the engine let go, there was a subsequent fire, thus the charred paint.

Michael

Comment

The running joke in our camp was whether or not the fuse might be un-painted to match the wings next year instead of fixing the fire damager paint.

Comment

Working...
                  X