Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money does each class and each postion get for racing at Reno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much money does each class and each postion get for racing at Reno?

Wondering if anyone can tell me

1. how much money does each class and each person get for racing at Reno? I know it is never enough to pay for expenses.

2. Is this listed anywhere on the reno air race website?

3. Anyone know how much it cost to run a typical racer at Reno for all the different classes? An estimate would be fine. Just trying to get an idea.

Thankyou.

Re: How much money does each class and each postion get for racing at Reno?

yes, what was the unlimited purse this year, it wasn't in the program.

Jarrod

Comment

I THINK each class is given their "Purse" and divies it up any way they feel is the fairest...D.

Comment

I was talking to a crew member of "September Fury" on Monday morning and my friend asked about Unlimited prize money.
        The crew member said it would barely be enough to pay the bar bill.

These guys certainly don't race for the money...they race for the love of air racing.

There is a saying that states, "Do you know how to win a small fortune in air racing? Start with a large one!"

Comment

What Warpt said..

Traditionally, the purse is not an "advertised" item.

As Warpt alluded to, it's not about the money!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
            What Warpt said..

Traditionally, the purse is not an "advertised" item.

As Warpt alluded to, it's not about the money!

Several years ago it was published in the program.

Jarrod

Comment

How come no one is talking about the pilots meeting on Saturday and the potential walkout that could have taken place due to the unlimiteds solidarity on the money issue that RARA presentred them with??

Comment

I'm glad @ 75 I saw the best of Air Racing. It is getting to the point,like other sports, that the pilots will have to get unionized & each one will have to have an agent to negotiate their worth. I hope not. We all know it has gotten to the point that the ones with the most money usually wins.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

I can't speek for all of the other Team's, but in Terry Blands era of Racing Dago Red - the Cost would average between $190,000 to $240,000 per year to bring the Plane to the Races. The higest Purse we ever took home didn't ever cover our lowest yearly cost.
                  Race4Gold

Comment

Originally posted by Dago Dog
                    How come no one is talking about the pilots meeting on Saturday and the potential walkout that could have taken place due to the unlimiteds solidarity on the money issue that RARA presentred them with??
                    Because it was confidential.

Comment

Originally posted by race9
                      Because it was confidential.
                      THANK YOU RYAN!!!!!!!
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oops, didn't mean to step on toes here, just care about the sport and its existance. Officially closing my own topic and placing myself in

Comment

Without question these guys Race for the love of the sport!! ......The monetary return is negative in every case relative to investment.... Truly the last of the Pure Race sports..... American Freedom at it's Finest!!

...Thank you to all who Race

"The Fastest Motorsport in the World"

Comment

Our My 6th place Silver winnings dont even cover the Race insurance, Fuel, ADI, Oil, Hotel, gas to and from. The sponsorship is what makes it possible for me.
                            It just makes the pain a little less. Surprisingly, the T-shirts didn't pay for themselves this year. I think we'll slim the line down a little next year.
                            Oh well, I'm honored to get to fly my airplane up there with these world famous guys.
                            Thanks for your support

Will Whiteside
                            Team Steadfast
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X