Going into the pits 24hrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into the pits 24hrs?

I heard from somebody that there is a ticket/pit pass you can get that allows you to enter the event/pits anytime you want. Also this person said you can get into the event/pits before the general public is let through the gate each morning!! Is there such a pass that you can go in any time you want day or night? Is it a season pass, a season pit pass? Also I noticed some people wearing a reflective gold wrist band, was that it? Please let me know what kind of pass/ticket this is!!!!! And also how much it costs!!!! Thank you!!!!!
    Last edited by T-fly; 09-19-2007, 03:55 PM.
    Troy

Re: Going into the pits?

You Can,

the pit passes vary depending on what day somewhere between $20 and $25 bucks. The wrist bands for Sat were yellow this year.

Comment

Re: Going into the pits?

The reflective gold was a pit pass for the entire week-I know the pilots receive several in their packet for crew,etc., and maybe they are the same as the weeklong pass available for purchase by the general public. The colors change every year.

Comment

Re: Going into the pits 24hrs?

The gold wrist band was for crew only. The pit bands that are available to the general public do allow access to the pit, but do not allow an eralier entry. I was able to get in early one day through the secondary gate. When I tried it again the next morning, that gate crew had been scolded for letting a few of us in early the day before. So we had to wait until 7 AM like everyone else.

Comment

Gold Wrist Band...Checkered Flag Club, I was in there at 0430 every day...D.

Comment

There were also gold reflective wrist bands for "TENANT"s.

Comment

there are probably 15 to 20 different wrist bands each year. the color denotes what access you have. the daily pit band allows access to the pit only. crews that can pass the dead line have a different band, pylon has a different band, there are different bands for different areas for the press ect. the security people, are told what bands can come through what gates at what times. in general, unless you have a reason to be in before the general population, you will not get a band that will allow greater access.
              bob burns
              ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
              "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Can NAG members still get the "special" pit/resurved seeting wrist band, that is good for the week?

Last time I was at the races, (7 years ago) it was like 100 bucks each and 25 for NAG membership.

That BTW is the best deal going out there.

wolfee

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
                  Can NAG members still get the "special" pit/resurved seeting wrist band, that is good for the week?

Last time I was at the races, (7 years ago) it was like 100 bucks each and 25 for NAG membership.

That BTW is the best deal going out there.

wolfee
                  Yes the NAG members recieved the sparkly gold wrist bands, a friend of mine was able to get into the pits after hours and walk around freely. I had the daily pit passes and I couldnt. I felt discriminated against. lol

Comment

The line passes were $140 this year (same as last year). The NAG membership is only $15. We came and went as we pleased, but since we arrived on Friday they knew us pretty well by the time the pits got busy.

Comment

Working...
                    X