Some thoughts on 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some thoughts on 2003

One can't help but think about what next year will bring...

Unlimiteds:

1) A healthy primed and ready Rare Bear
    2) An even better prepared, newly modified (new prop?), and freshly painted September Fury.
    3) A new owner maybe will bring much needed new luck to Czech Mate. Wasn't Ike Enns quoted as saying he wanted a new machine with Gold race potential?
    4) A Dago team ready with some small new improvements at least and with every intent to do that 500-mph plus lap on Monday.
    5) A fully sponsored and race-engined Voodoo
    6) An outside chance (Eric A. please comment) that the Star Aerospace Dart could be ready, or at least ready enough for her first static public display....?
    7) I wouldn't dismiss a newly sponsored Strega driven by Curt Brown but that is just my guess.
    8) The return of Dreadnought, possibly with some borrowed technology from #232.
    9) The return of "The Galloping Ghost" NX79111 with a new sponsor ( I can dream can't I?).
    10) A Critical Mass that will finally be free of gremlins and be ready to show her real stuff.
    11) A fully rebuilt Miss America and possibly a surprise or two to boot!
    12) Maybe D.G. having tasted Gold victory sensations again, this time with the Sport Class, will have found a sponsor for "Shockwave" and have it finished and ready to debut.
    13) Maybe, just maybe, Mach Buster will be a viable racer and David Rose will have her on the ramp at least at Pylon School.
    14) There just may be a real "Team Wang" in Japan that will be ready to challenge the warbirds.
    15) A Furias probably with new mods and I'd guess a new paint scheme.
    16) Maybe a Thunder Mustang with a supercharger and 1200 hp?
    17) The debut of the long-awaited R-3350 Yak-11 Frost Bite #90.
    18)A Yak-3 with a full race G-6 Allison, small canopy, and........I better quit!

SPORT CLASS:

1)Either/or of Number 16) above.
    2)Nemesis NXT
    3)More Thunder Mustangs
    4) More Lancair Legacies
    5)An improved big-engine White Lightning

FORMULA ONE:

1) David Hoover's new machine
    2) The return of Pushy Cat
    3) The return of a few other missing in action 230+ machines from recent years.

Have I left anything out from these three classes? 2003 here we come!

well lowell, there are two things you mentioned i'm pretty confident i can comment on, although i'm no longer on the bear crew i'm pretty sure if dago or the bear does 500, it's a good bet they'd try to beat eachother, probably breaking in the process. and the soonest date the stardart will be racing is 2004...
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Re: Some thoughts on 2003

6) An outside chance (Eric A. please comment) that the Star Aerospace Dart could be ready, or at least ready enough for her first static public display....?
      We'd have to finish and fly the aircraft before Pylon School to race. Any new built aircraft has to be tested and reviewed by the Unlimited Class tech people and that takes time. No way we could do this in 7 to 8 months. If we get a sponsor for the airframe, look for us in 2004.

Eric Ahlstrom
      Star Aerospace LLC

Comment

>15) A Furias probably with new mods and I'd guess a new paint scheme.

Gosh I hope not, I love the paint on furias. Now #232 definitely needs a full race paint job to match it's performance.

Steve H

Comment

i'm pretty sure if dago or the bear does 500, it's a good bet they'd try to beat eachother, probably breaking in the process.
          Matt, I am sure the days of an improper Bear on gone, it will be time to rock and roll.
          John Slack

Comment

Working...
          X