Tuesday 5:00pm @ Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 5:00pm @ Stead

Just drove by Stead before I head home tomorrow. Strega was in a hangar and several people were working on her........there was a spare engine sitting there........don't know if they changed it, or are getting ready to or?? Rarebear was about half way out the bear cave........didn't talk to anyone, so not sure what was going on. The ramp looked sadly bear.......ahhhhhh bare.
    I don't think I can say anything new that hasn't already been said, but here's my 2 cents.........Like many of you, I love the races.........my emotions ran from one end of the spectrum to the other this year. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of our fellow aviators. The tributes were very moving.....and very thoughtful. I wish there was a way to make the races 100% safe, however like many things in life, there are no guarantees, that's not to say that safety can't be improved and I'm sure with input from RARA, the pilots, and other interested parties, steps will be taken in that direction. I hope and I'm sure the Reno Air Races will continue in a safe manner for many years to come, so all present and future spectators and participants can continue to enjoy the world's fastest sport.
Working...
X