No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings one and all...

I'm new here, having heard about this site in the pits at Reno last week. I'm still editing my photos from the past week, but I hope to be able to post a link to a gallery soon. (If you saw a redbeard with a 500/4 in the pits...that was me)

I've been lurking for a couple of days and just posted a comment in another thread, but something I see here again and again got me thinking:

To me the Red Bull events are autocross, and Reno is oval track racing (something I have no patience for on the ground, btw). Is there, or has there ever been something resembling road racing? Pylon racing with right turns?

-Zandr

Re: New Member

Welcome to the website Zandr. I too am a new member and I am interested in getting on a pit crew for 2008. I'm pretty old and have no particular talent except I can do the usual preventive maintenance stuff on airplanes. If you know of a crew looking for volunteers for '08 please let me know. AZSteve

Comment

Re: New Member

Originally posted by n6mod
      Greetings one and all...

To me the Red Bull events are autocross, and Reno is oval track racing (something I have no patience for on the ground, btw). Is there, or has there ever been something resembling road racing? Pylon racing with right turns?

-Zandr
      Hello and welcome to the board Zandr.
      I was thinking on the same subject on my drive home from Reno. The best comparison I came up with was teh equestrian. Red Bull "racing" could be compared to show jumping, single rider and horse timed around an obstical course, and Pylon racing would be comparible to horse racing, many jockeys and horses on the track, first across the line wins. One can certainly appreciate the skills of both forms, but the volume of the spectators is an interesting comparison as well.

Cheers
      Gerry

Comment

Working...
      X