Many thanks to Steadfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks to Steadfast

I would like to start by thanking the Will and the Steadfast crew for involving me more than just being a sponsor. These men and women are the nicest, sincerest, hardest working bunch of people I have ever had the privilege of working with. I am very proud to be apart of their accomplishments. This is the team to be watching in the future. I predict good things in the years to come. I would also like the thank all the people that donated to the prop fund and those that stopped by the pit to show their support. It was great talking to each and every one of you. I have never shaken so many hands in my life. Also a special thanks to Wayne Sagar for his part in running a great forum and assisting in getting Will and I together, and the History Channel crew for their professionalism and just being a great bunch of guys. This past week has literally been the most fun I could have with my clothes on! I can't wait until next year.

Go Team Steadfast!

Wayne Johnson
    Aero Union Propeller Services

Re: Many thanks to Steadfast

I was given an original water color rendering of Steadfast in Aero Union colors. Will the individual that dropped that off at the pit, please PM me.

Thank you,

Wayne

Comment

I stopped by the Steadfast pit to check on "our" propeller.
      Wayne Johnson was there with a great smile going and answered every question for me. A great guy and seemingly worthy of being included into the Steadfast crew he describes.

I wish to again offer my own thanks to Wayne (both Johnson and Sagar) and the Steadfast crew for allowing me the opportunity, and accepting my meager offer, to help the effort.

While there, I took the opportunity to help again and in return was presented with another fine T-shirt.

Thanks for the memory guys,

Tim
      San Jose, CA

Comment

The entire "Steadfast Syndrome" has, to me, become a very large part of the "RENO" story!

Barely any resources, armed with grit a credit line and a ton of determination, these guys and gals went "Unlimited" and did it!

Really does not matter how fast Will went, his line is amazingly exciting, he flies well.. is very professional and...

I'll not name the name of who said it but it was a very well respected "elder" Unlimited pilot, said to me that he thought Will was one of the most exciting and GOOD sticks to come along in a very long time!

Will... call me and I'll tell you who said it..

You guys and gals should be VERY proud of your week at RENO and your year to get there!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

+1 To everything that has been said.

Will is great guy, talking time out to talk to talk a newbie and even hamming it up for us photographers! Great job and good luck team Steadfast!

Comment

Anyone have pics from the pylons showing Aero Unions decal?
            WW
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Chris
              SF
              Attached Files

Comment

Will, ive got to say one thing, i wasnt so interested in the gold battles this year, here in New Zealand we tend to back the underdogs and the teams/people who are not considered the top teams but you have shown the 'kiwi battler' attitude in saying, lets do it no matter what, im a steadfast fan for life now, I want to say congratulations for the results you achieved this year, and to all those who contributed to get the team to Reno. I love the Yaks, and to see it with a little big round up front its like the little racer that could.....
                Congratulations again to Will and everyone in team steadfast ill wave the team steadfast banner everywhere, just gotta get me a steadfast T or cap to show it off
                race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteside
                  WW
                  Hi Will, once again our stars did not cross, however, I have not lost hope FedX Bob and I did have a chance to have a lovely chat with a young lady in your pit (CFI, Corp Pilot???) while we busily bought shirts and stickers and stuff because she was just so darn cute. And smart too I have a higher res version of this picture if that would be helpful. You can see the AU sticker on the bottom of the wing too. Excellent flying this year Will, and some day I WILL make it to STS for that ride in LJ.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Air Race Addict; 09-21-2007, 09:31 AM. Reason: typo: whoops
                  Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

How about this perspective
                    Attached Files

Comment

WW
                      Whoever took that shot gets a big toast from the Buckmeister! Should be getting my Kodachrome 64 slide 'film' back soon and will check for ya. Great flying this year and thanks for your dedication and skill on the course! DBD

Comment

WW
                        This one any use, Will?

Last edited by Mike51; 09-23-2007, 10:46 PM.

Comment

holy cow that's a great shot!
                          _________
                          -Matt
                          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Thats a bitchin picture. Nice work.

Will

Comment

Mike 51 - Excellent shot! The EXIF is stripped so I wondered if you have record of the shutter speed used. I'm headed for the Mustang Gathering this weekend and I'm trying to get some guidelines for in-air shots. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X