Red Bull Sound Effects.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull Sound Effects.

I was flipping channels last night and ran across the Red Bull Air Races in Turkey on FSN. It sure sounds like real air racers on the telecast instead of Lyc.s. I am pretty sure I heard a 12 cyl., a supercharged roundie and a T-6 in that broadcast. Anyone else noticed that?

Re: Red Bull Sound Effects.

I absolutely agree. For a moment I was looking for Jimmy Franklin's Waco to be diving onto the RB slalom course.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Now that you mentioned it: it sounded exactly like Jimmy's plane at the beginning of the run! Good call.

Comment

All the great sound without, you know, all that darn side by side racing.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhdah
          I was flipping channels last night and ran across the Red Bull Air Races in Turkey on FSN. It sure sounds like real air racers on the telecast instead of Lyc.s. I am pretty sure I heard a 12 cyl., a supercharged roundie and a T-6 in that broadcast. Anyone else noticed that?
          So much so that I had to change the channel. The sound and the image just DIDN'T go together.

Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering if I was the only one.

Comment

The sound effects are very distracting. Basically they cheapen the experience.

I suggest sending an email via the Red Bull website (www.redbullairracing.com) and let them know you think it is lame. I have, and hopefully enough people will do so they stop doing it.
            John Smutny

Comment

I agree eagledriver I think I would rather watch with no sound that the constant jumble of random airplane sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by eagledriver
                I suggest sending an email via the Red Bull website (www.redbullairracing.com) and let them know you think it is lame. I have, and hopefully enough people will do so they stop doing it.

I get a redirect on that url to some charter site.

Comment

That's because the wrong URL was posted.

The correct one is http://www.redbullairrace.com/

Comment

DOH!

My bad. Sorry!
                    John Smutny

Comment

Working...
                    X