Local Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Coverage

Sorry, little buzzed, little pumped up, so bear (yes bear wooohooo) with me.

Is it just me or does the local coverage suck??? Hey, I understand it is a nitch sport, but dang, big event in Reno, and all i have to hear about on the news is about the bad things and not all the good things. Not down playing the loss we all had this week, but at the same time the pilots continued, and so should we.............

To the local news teams, quit trying to kill the races and just enjoy having them......I have enjoyed them since i was little, as are my sons now.

Re: Local Coverage

Our fine Reno Gazette "Urinal" doesn't understand the concept of accuracy when reporting any story including air racing. NONE of their reporters know anything about the subjects they report on so air racing is no different. They also don't take the time to LEARN anything about the subjects they report on.

As one who lives in this area I've grown accustomed to it (reluctantly). Think how bad it would be if there weren't alternative information sources for air racing such as this forum?

Comment

Although she does not control management, local reporter, Marilyn Newton is one of the most respected photojournalists in all of air racing and she's employed by the RGJ...
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Agreed! M. Newton did a good job putting many fine pix in the RGJ. Some of their reporting was poor but much of it was fair overall and their little poll on whether the Races should continue in the future was way in favor of the Races! Good!

Comment

As a resident here...well...the RGJ's coverage usually isn't any worse than the local TV stations. I sometimes feel that they are so out of touch with what is going on here. But then at other times, they do manage to get it right.

Their coverage of the races needs to improve, and the local governments attitude towards these events needs to change as well. It is the visitors that come to our town that make our little city what it is...you all help keep the lights here.

Lonnie

Comment

Working...
          X