This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM?

Does anyone know why PM is parked in the back 40?

Re: PM?

Ron retired from racing and I had heard that he made public comments that may have upset RARA I don't know maybe he just wanted to be away from everyone

Comment

I hear that they pulled PM back up front

Comment

Pulled it up but never ran. Bunch of campers and what not out with it.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

PM went back to her pitbox today, where they proceeded to sell more t-shirts. The folks selling the t-shirts only said "yes, we're done for this year, due to circumstances beyond our control." (they said the last part through clenched teeth)
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
            PM went back to her pitbox today, where they proceeded to sell more t-shirts. The folks selling the t-shirts only said "yes, we're done for this year, due to circumstances beyond our control." (they said the last part through clenched teeth)
            Ron B. has a family doesn't he? Most everybody I hung out with across the desert this last week had a bit of the "100 yard stare" going. Some more than others. Lots of silence and sighs and heavy thoughts.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
              Ron B. has a family doesn't he? Most everybody I hung out with across the desert this last week had a bit of the "100 yard stare" going. Some more than others. Lots of silence and sighs and heavy thoughts.
              Yeah, I was among them with you. I'm not sure how to communicate this clearly, but the folks at his tent were somewhat suggestive a combination of factors, which may have included regulatory action by the governing body.

His team was very careful to avoid saying they wouldn't be back next year or that he was done indefinitely.

I am not opining on his reasons, but rather I'm trying to report accurately the disposition of the team.
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I personally feel that there is something going on here that just doesn't fit.

Lonnie

Comment

As far as I know, there was a statement made to the press that was very much not helpful for the situation going on (for RARA and air racing in general). Because of that, there was a decision made not to participate (and maybe never again?) and based on the statement it really doesn't matter which side made the decision first.

Go to this page, scroll down and read (the very poorly formatted text), at it will answer all of your questions:

**link removed by admin**

As they say, cooler heads will likely prevail as time passes, but who knows.

Between this and the Dreadnought controversy, it seems like Entertainment Tonight might needs to have a reporter on the scene to report the drama!

Comment

Wow, there is some story there!

That "******" link was a passage into the mind of a very bitter person.

Is his name "John Smallberries" and did he come from Grovers Mill?

I didn't see anything about PM either. Or anything else that really made much sense. There were some nice pictures.
                    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

I have never heard of that web-site (*****) and just opened it. Now I wish I hadn't, what a hatefull site....

WRL

Comment

I should state that I don't know that that site has anything to do with the Buccarelli camp, but it expresses some sentiment that might be shared. I guess I should just say it (hopefully it is OK): Someone in their camp apparently expressed the fact (to the press) that they though the racing was too dangerous.

P.S. The Dreadnought controversy is the fact that they were disqualified for crossing the east deadline. They dispute it, have camera footage that they say clears them. I guess it is going to be moved up the next level to resolve.

Comment

Spew.....

Gee, they left out the crop circles and aliens

another big yawn,

Bmarsh

Comment

Ron was disqualified from the races by the contest comittee on Thursday for an east deadline cut. He also cut the guide pylon in the same heat race. Sounds like something else is up here but that is what is posted at the RARA Hanger.

Comment

I feel the same way. What about the statement they made about the future (or not ) of the races. Anybody heard of this from a reliable source?

**admin edit: quote removed**

Originally posted by Wilnit
                              I have never heard of that web-site (***) and just opened it. Now I wish I hadn't, what a hatefull site....

WRL

Comment

Working...
                              X