Updates PLEASE! RARA site is down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates PLEASE! RARA site is down

Please someone fill us in on the Silver Unlimited Heat and the Sport Gold Heat at least. We're starving out here in internet-ville for info

Thanks in advance for any little reports!

Re: Updates PLEASE! RARA site is down

I have been trying sence 1:00 Eastern time, when the RARA sight whent down to get info on the races. All for not thus far Lowell.

I will post it if I hear anything.

Wolfee

Comment

someone...

anyone...

Hell lie to us if you have to. just give us *something*

Wolfee

Comment

I just talked by phone to a very knowledgheable and seasoned fan at the top of the bleachers.

He says Nelson Ezel won the Unlimited Silver in #13.

He also said Sharp handily won the Sport Gold and that Eldredge pulled up just before the home pylon on the last lap but landed safe on one-four. Sharp had a 390 lap.

Also says Ron B. had Precious Metal towed out west of the Home Pylon near where yesterday's wreckage remains are being stored and has announced his retiremnet from racing.

Comment

He also said Sharp handily won the Sport Gold and that Eldredge pulled up just before the home pylon on the last lap but landed safe on one-four. Sharp had a 390 lap.
          390! Not bad. Congrat to the Sharps for thier victory. I was pulling for Kevin, but an NXT still won it.
          Glad also to hear Kevin is ok.

Also says Ron B. had Precious Metal towed out west of the Home Pylon near where yesterday's wreckage remains are being stored and has announced his retiremnet from racing.

I hear this will be Riff Raff's last year racing as well. Mike Keenum and team have always worked thier buts off to bring that bird to reano every year. And every year it looks great! They will be missed

I hope Ron B. will at least bring PM out to Reno for the races. Even if he doesnt plan on racing.

Thans for the update Lowell

Wolfee

Comment

Just heard of the results of the Gold race:

1. Sept. Fury
            2. Rare Bear
            3. Riff Raff
            4. Dreadnaught

Thats all I could hear. Strega blew an engine passing the bear for 2nd. Tiger landed safely, no oil or holes visible on the cowl. Voodoo was last and I 'm not sure where the other aircraft finished.

Comment

I just got a call saying Rare Bear was passed by Dreadnought late in the race!

He said Strega looked clean when he shut down and coasted into the pit ramp area. Folks onsite are thinkin' and hoping its a minor problem.

He didn't think Riff Raff finished near that high.

He said Voodoo last also. That's a surprise, but maybe he's saving for Sunday.

The T-33 pulled up around pylon 7 while leading. The T-2 won the Jet heat.

Comment

You may be right, The jets were running in the background and I could barely hear what the order was.

Heard that Dreadnaught went 90 degrees when in Sept. Fury's propwash. Pretty scary.

Sept. Fury was really running good. Don't know if anyone was holding anything back. Well we know that Tiger never holds back.

Comment

I know what you mean about background noise. My reporter on scene was describing more detail about the T-33 pulling high but I only heard about 25%.

Comment

If Strega blew an engine there would be some sort of Liquid somewhere on the aircarft... Possibly just saving for tomorrow like Last year. what do yall think ?
                    W.Hughes

Comment

There was a white trail behind her when she pulled up, probably coolant.

Of course you never count out ole' Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L

Heard that Dreadnaught went 90 degrees when in Sept. Fury's propwash. Pretty scary.

Sept. Fury was really running good. Don't know if anyone was holding anything back. Well we know that Tiger never holds back.

Well, if *any* aircraft could shake Dreadnought around, it would only be 232! I can believe Dreadnought ahead of the bear more easily than I can believe Riff-Raff ahead of Dreadnought- sure am curious to hear the final and complete results (and back-story from the reporters on scene).

Tiger doesn't exactly hold back, but the last several years it seems like he's been *really* careful if the engine doesn't feel right. If it fouled a plug today, I could see him pulling up. Tomorrow- different story....

Comment

I'm sure my source on the ground has had plenty of adult beverages while on duty. He will be dealt with accordingly.

Comment

Maybe someone at the races could find out from RARA what the problem is? Please. Thanks for names but speeds like Wolfee posted would be nice. Also T-6 races,what did Al Goss do today? Thanks for any info.
                            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Did RARA pay thier internet bill, or did someone kick the plug out of the wall? They still arnt up.

I dont know, but it was driving me nuts all day.
                              I was able to post results for 4 races in 3 classes then I was in the dark.

My offer still stands if they are willing to call me after each race.
                              I will post the results for y'all, But I need the info.
                              Lrt me know and I will PM you my Verizon #.

Wolfee

Nice talking with you on the phone this afternoon Lowell. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Working...
                              X