Colin McRae's heli down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin McRae's heli down

As if we haven't seen enough, now it's been reported that a helicopter owned by world rally champion Colin McRae (who is also a heli pilot) has crashed near his mome in Scotland. As of now, it's not verified who was on board at the time of the crash. Details here:

Former World Rally auto racing champion Colin McRae was feared dead Saturday after a helicopter crash at his Scottish base at Jerviswood, Lanark, just south of a line midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Re: Colin McRae's heli down

Confirmed now, he's gone!!!!! This is terrible!!!!!!!!!!! I hate helicopters!

John

Comment

wow..

another sad day in history.

I have never flown in a helicopter.
      My grandfather didnt trust them and refused to fly in them when he was a test pilot. That good enough for me.

Wolfee

Comment

Are they sure it was the helicopters fault? Being a helicopter mechanic, they tend to have very good maintenance and support. It is unfortunate though to the loss of life.

Thanks,
        Chad

Comment

There's no way of knowing what happened at this time. Let's wait for the official reports before deciding who or what was at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel75
            Are they sure it was the helicopters fault? Being a helicopter mechanic, they tend to have very good maintenance and support. It is unfortunate though to the loss of life.

Thanks,
            Chad
            My son is a helicopter pilot flying Robinson R-22's and R44's. Your info made me feel a little more comfortable. Some smartass airplane salesman at the races called them " farting deathtraps ". I just about decked him but did not want to go to jail! Thanks.

Frank C.

Comment

Bummer. Colin was an excellent driver, always fun to watch. As for helicopters, anything the needs a term made up to explain how to crash it (auto-rotate) perhaps shouldn't be found in the air in the first place. All kidding aside, there are a lot of uses for them, but they do appear to be hard to fly.

Will

Comment

NASCAR web site has a story on Colin McRaes helicopter crash. It stated he was flying it when it crashed in a wooded area near his home. Along with his death was his 5 year old son,a six year old & another person.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
                X